Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm literally 5 pages away from finishing Here, There be Dragons by James A Owen and had to tear myself away to check in at the end of the first hour. It is such a amazing book, I will write about it a bit more at the end of hour 2. For now I have answers to the meme:


Where are you reading from today?
So far the sofa in my front room but I may move to the big round chair as when I got up to write this Merlin stole my warm spot!

3 facts about me …
I havent washed my hair since last weekend and that is going t be the first thing I do when I finish up tomorrow before Mariel gets here.
I have a toffee stain on the jumper I am wearing and I can't bear to part with it long enough to wash it properly.
Despite being a big scruff I work in pharmaceutical sales which means dressing smart and meeting with important clients. It is a challenge I face constantly with lots of piercings and a tendency to want to dye my hair strange colours!

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
At least 4 (see my post below this one)

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
No not really,just to try and stay awake and have fun with it.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
This is my first time soI don't really know what to expect besides lots of reading of course.

6 comments:

Nymeth said...

You have to steal the spot back from Merlin :P Happy reading, Rhinoa!

The Holistic Knitter said...

Go girl ... happy reading ;0)

katrina said...

Good luck x

grayskyeyes said...

I've heard a lot of good stuff about Satardust and The Graveyard Book, if you get to them.

Good luck reading today and don't end up like this... http://www.ahajokes.com/crt579.html

Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness

Trish said...

your facts crack me up. I took a picture this morning of myself and immediately deleted it because I haven't showered yet either and look pretty scary--not what one should look like at the BEGINNING!! :) Have a great time Rhinoa.

Chris said...

Staying awake is indeed a good goal! I loved Here, There Be Dragons too. I really need to get the next book.