Sunday, October 19, 2008


It's now 3am and I think I might have a break for a snooze. I just finished Huckleberry Finn and have finshed the four books I set as a minimum.

Pages Read: 140 Here, There be Dragons, 281 Huckleberry Finn, 240 Gloom Cookie v1, 224 Gloom Cookie v2
Total Pages Read : 885
Books Completed: 4
Mini-Challenges Participated In: 3 or 4 I think

As part of the mini challenge hosted by Softdrink see my top 10 list below.

Top 10 List of Best Reading positions (I have tried pretty much all of these):

1. Lying on back with book propped up on belly (the chubbier the better for maximum reading angles)
2. Walking around and reciting passages aloud (works best for theatrical types)
3. In bed under the covers with a torch, especially good for scary books
4. On public transport making sure a fake cover is clearly displayed to show how intelligent you are whilst secretly reading chick lit (wearing glasses optional)
5. Pretending to listen to a loved one nodding in all the right plaes but with an ear phone in and an audio book playing in the background (note be sure to have the ear phone in the ear furthest from loved one or they may spot it and get mad)
6. In the bath but be very very careful not to drop it (yes I have done this)
7. For pet lovers : book held at strange angle as pet tries to get your attention by stomping on you, sleeping on your arm (damn Morgaine) or otherwise trying to distract you and you try to read around them
8. Curled in a foetal position around your prized book
9. Book in one hand and sandwich in the other (cheese and cucumber is my personal favourite, nothing too runny)
10. Lying on the sofa inverted with head just above the floor and legs over the top of the sofa with book held in front of face (yoga experts find this very easy)

5 comments:

softdrink said...

Great list! I'm currently in my big comfy chair with the laptop instead of a book...but this is my favorite reading spot!
Thanks for playing...and great job with the reading!!

raych said...

HA! I did the same thing. Parallel minds.

http://booksidoneread.blogspot.com/2008/10/hour-fourteenth.html

Callista said...

LOl That's hilarious! My belly offers all kinds of angles ;)

And number 7 has been true of me for the past few hours.

Bybee said...

What a great list!

Book Zombie (Joanne) said...

Awesome list, although I'm not gonna attempt #9 - everytime I eat a cucumber sandwich the cucumber slips and slides, probably because I slather on the mayo :)