Sunday, October 19, 2008


The next mini challenge is to complete the Mid Way Survey:


1. What are you reading right now?
Gloom Cookie v2 - Serena Valentino

2. How many books have you read so far?
Completed 2, nearly finished my current read and a third to go of Huckleberry Finn.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I am hoping to stay awake long enough to read The Graveyard Book and/or Stardust by Neil Gaiman

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
No although I keep telling hubby to be quiet and turn the volume down on his game bless. Oh I did ask Mariel to come over after 2pm tomorrow so I could be finished when she arrives (here I am due to finish at 1pm tomorrow afternoon).

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Normal stuff like Alex talking to me and playing his game loudly as well as the cats wanting attention every so often. I remind him I am reading and he shuts up bless! The cats I just have to stoke and try to read around them.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
It has been great that so many people have stopped by. I am also surpirsed I am stil awake after this much reading (it's just after midnight here).

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Um not really. This is my first one and I am enjoying it so far.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I think to have the flat tidier before starting and kicking Alex out the house!

9. Are you getting tired yet?
Yes I am starting to flag a little now.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Not so far. I am just taking 5 minute breaks every hour to rest my eyes for a moment before continuing. I am also mixing up my books to stop from getting bored after a few hours.

7 comments:

valentina said...

I'm gettin tired too but it's not unbearable so far.
Neil Gaiman is a great choice whichever you choose, they're both great.

Maree said...

I've read Stardust and haven't seen The Graveyard Book here yet (NZ) but I've only heard good things about it. Stardust is a quick read.
Going great!!!

Iliana said...

Sounds like you've been doing great! I've been taking a lot of little breaks too - kind of helps to move around and get back to the books. I'll have to come back later on to see how you liked the Serena Valentino book!

Nymeth said...

Yes, 5 minutes breaks every hour is a good idea. I do hope you manage to read Stardust or The Graveyard Book!

jessi said...

Mousecircus.com has video of Neil Gaiman reading The Graveyard Book - that's what I'm planning on "reading"/watching in a little bit...

Book Zombie (Joanne) said...

You're doing great! I hope you enjoy Graveyard Book, I plan to get started on it next and I'm very excited :)

Chain Reader said...

I have been putting in eye drops hourly! It's all worth it though. Good luck!