Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Inklings Challenge was hosted by Becky at Becky's Book Reviews and the aim was to read at least 2 books by or about CS Lewis and at least 2 books by or about JRR Tolkien. We were also to try to watch films or programmes based on them or their work throughout 2008. I didn't get a chance to see Prince Caspain when it came out at the cinema, but will try and rent the dvd now it is out.

My choices were:

1. Roverandom - JRR Tolkien
2. The Screwtape Letters - CS Lewis
3. Tales from the Perilous Realm - JRR Tolkien
4. Here, There be Dragons - James A Owen

It is really hard to pick a favourite, to be honest I enjoyed them all. It was interesting to read some of Tolkien's writing for younger readers and I particularly enjoyed Roverandom. Of CS Lewis I had only read the Narnia series and again it was interesting reading some of his more christian theology. Here, There be Dragons was a wonderful read and in my top 5 books read this year so far. It was like it was written just for me, it had everything I could want ina book!

3 comments:

Nymeth said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge! I'm glad you enjoyed all the books :)

Alice Teh said...

Congrats on the completion, Rhinoa! :)

Melody said...

Congrats on completing the challenge, Rhinoa! :)