Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hosted by Dewey at The Hidden Side of a Leaf with a dedicated blog here. The aim was to read at least 6 graphic novels in 2008 and I initially picked 10 and read a further 6 taking my total up to 16.

1. Sandman v1: Preludes and Nocturnes - Neil Gaiman
2. Sandman v2: The Doll's House - Neil Gaiman
3. Fables v3: Storybook Love - Bill Willingham
4. Fables v4: March of the Wooden Soldiers - Bill Willingham
5. Emily the Strange Lost Dark and Boring v1 - Rob Reger
6. Gloom Cookie v1 - Serena Valentino
7. Gloom Cookie v2 - Serena Valentino
8. Nightmares and Fairy Tales v1: Once Upon a Time - Serena Valentino
9. Nightmares and Fairy Tales v2: Beautiful Beasts - Serena Valentino
10. Persepolis Complete Edition - Marjane Satrapi

Extras read this year :

11. The Complete Ballad of Halo Jones - Alan Moore & Ian Gibson
12. Black Orchid - Neil Gaiman & Dave McKean
13. The Tragical Comendy or Comical Tragedy of Mr Punch - Neil Gaiman & Dave McKean
14. The Complete Maus - Art Spiegelman
15. Nightmares and Fairy Tales v3: 1140 Rue Royale
16. Y the Last Man v1 - Brian K Vaughan

I read a few other graphic novels not on this list and will continue to do so this year and next year. It is impossible to pick a favourite as this was a great challenge with most of them being fantasic. The easiest thing to do is say which ones I did not enjoy so much which were Emily Strange and The Complete Ballad of Halo Jones. I really hope this challenge runs again next year to give me another excuse to catch up with some of the series I began this year.

3 comments:

Alice Teh said...

Hi Rhinoa! Congratulations on the completion and also exceeding what you've set out to read!

I'd like to give graphic novels a try next year. What would you recommend that I start with? Maybe something that I absolutely should not miss out?... Thanks!

Bobbi said...

Congrats on finishing the Graphic Novel Challenge!

Ladytink_534 said...

Congrats!!!

I just recently discovered a few I want to read but I'm trying to keep my want list to a minimum since my library doesn't carry very many of them.