Monday, September 29, 2008

I haven't done one of the read-a-thons before and am really looking forward to the next one on October 18th. The full details are here and it is hosted by the lovely Dewey at The Hidden Side of a Leaf. I am excited about spending 24 hours reading as I am finding it hard to make time for as much reading as I would like at the moment.

It is probably not helped by my 2 new toys. One is an XBox 360 Elite that I bought on Saturday and the other is a Sony EReader which arrvied today woo! The other influencing factor is I have been away a lot. I was away on holiday for a week in New York (photos to follow) and then went straight to Amsterdam on work the next day. Today I am going to Frankfurt for 3 days and next week I am off to Paris for 3 days (all work related). I am very behind on catching up on people's blogs which I appologise for. I haven't forgotten any of you and am slowly making my way around so please do bear with me.




12 comments:

Amy said...

Wow...that's a lot of traveling. Have fun and lucky you on the new toys!

Nymeth said...

You've been travelling a lot! I always say that I'd love a job that allowed me to travel, but I imagine that after a while you just want some time at home. But anyway, have a nice trip, and I look forward to your NY pics.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new toys. And I'm very happy you're doing the Read-a-thon too :D

Kim L said...

You've been awarded!

Alice Teh said...

Wow, what nice toys you have! Don't worry. We'll wait for you to come by and visit. *GRIN*

Stephanie said...

Toys are always so much fun!! I'm not big into the e-readers, but I do love me Xbox!! For my son's birthday, we bought Rock Star. Damn. That is just so much fun!!

Darla D said...

Cool toys! fun to have you back. And - another award for you! :-)

Ladytink_534 said...

My hubby would be jealous of the XBox and I'm jealous of the EReader! Very cool new toys!

DesLily said...

the travel always sounds so nice, but I'm betting it gets very tiring after a while?!..

Ohhhh, I like the Sony reader!

Trish said...

Oh my goodness you've been doing some fantastic travelling lately! Are any of these for pleasure or all business?

Madeleine said...

I have resisted this electronic toy, I love to hold my books, the feel of them, yet....it's starting to look tempting, books are all over the place at my house.
How do you like it? compared to books?
Have a nice time while travelling for business, what a great job

tanabata said...

I'm hoping to join the read-a-thon for the first time too.
Have fun with your new toys. Do let us know what you think of the E-Reader.

Susan said...

Yes, very cool e-reader, how does it compare to books? Glad to have you drop in to let us know how you are! lol see you when you get back...