Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hosted by Becky at Becky's Book Reviews the aim was to read at least three books about "the end of the world." From Becky's site this includes both apocalyptic fiction and post-apocalyptic fiction along with some overlap with dystopic fiction as well. The challenge ran from 1/5/08 until 15/9/08. My picks are below with links to the reviews:

1. Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
2. Uglies - Scott Westerfeld
3. Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell

Unfortunately I didn't get time to read my alternative Do Anderoids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K Dick, but I am sure I will find time at some point as I really do want to read it. I loved all three books that I read for this challenge and I will continue with the Scott Westerfeld series.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats on finishing! I've enjoyed reading your reviews :)

Amy said...

Congrats! I finished this one not too long ago too.

Melody said...

Congrats on completing the challenge! :)

Nymeth said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! The Scott Westerfeld series really sounds like a great one.

Lightheaded said...

Now that you're done with Uglies, I do hope you get to finish the rest of the series because it gets better :)

And Philip K. Dick's book is a riveting sci-fi read indeed. I'm sure you'll find time for it as it's a short read, more like a novella really.

Alice Teh said...

Congrats on completing the challenge, Rhinoa!

I've not read all the three books you mentioned but definitely will check them out one day. One simply can't miss them, especially Cloud Atlas.

Debi said...

Congrats on finishing! I'm afraid I failed miserably, only finishing one. Oh well, the books are still in my piles awaiting me someday.