Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This was held by Darla D and the challenge was to pick 8 books you have been inspired to read from reading the reviews of other bloggers. It ran between 1/5/08 and 1/9/08. The list of books I read is below along with the person and blog who first inspired me to pick up the book.

1. The Three Incestuous Sisters - Audrey Niffenegger (Nymeth Things Mean a Lot and Kim at Bold Blue Adventure)
2. Beauty - Robin McKinley (Nymeth Things Mean a Lot was the first review of this I read in 2007 but my post links to many other reviews since)
3. Transformations - Anne Sexton (Nymeth Things Mean a Lot pushed me over the edge to read this)
4. Zel - Donna Jo Napoli (Miss Erin's review was the first time I heard of this book and author througu the Twisted Fairy Tales challenge)
5. The Book of Ballads - Charles Vess (Chris at Stuff as Dreams are Made On inspired me to read this one)
6. Uglies - Scott Westerfeld (Becky's Book Reviews was the first review of this series I read last year)
7. Messenger - Lois Lowry (Michelle at 3M)
8. The Complete Maus - Art Spiegelman (Nymeth Things Mean a Lot was the first of many reviews I read)

It's very difficult to pick my favourite as I read them all on glowing recommendations from bloggers I trust. I think they will all tie in equal first place to be honest! Thanks Darla this was a great challenge to host and I hope you run it again with perhaps slightly longer to read the novels.

4 comments:

Melody said...

Congrats on completing the challenge, Rhinoa! :)

Nymeth said...

Congrats on finishing! I'm glad you enjoyed all the books :) I hope Darla hosts it again too. It's one I'd like to do next year.

Alice Teh said...

Congratulations on the completion! Well done! :)

Darla D said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge, Rhinoa! I'm so glad you participated, and I really enjoyed reading your reviews.

Thanks also for the kind words, Nymeth - I think it would be fun to do it again next year. By then I'm sure to have another huge backlog of books that I've heard of from all you great book-bloggers!