Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I am really lucky that this weekly geekage is open for two weeks so I can join in this time. It seems far too long since I was able to participate. This week is all about challenges:

"If you participate in any challenges, get organized! Update your lists, post about any you haven’t mentioned, add links of reviews to your lists if you do that, go to the challenge blog if there is one and post there, etc"

Luckily for me I m already doing a fair number of challenges (though tahnkfully not as many as some to give me some perspective!). I usually do a round up of my months reading and challenges so I thought I would combine the two below as I am up to date with my challenge posts and Mr Linky bits and bobs.

Number of Books Read May : 11, Total 97
Number of Pages Read : 3386, Total 30,758
Book Awards Reading Challenge : 25/25 COMPLETED
Themed Reading Challenge : 6/6 COMPLETED
Young Adult Challenge : 8/12
Challenge with Nymeth : 2/5
What's in a Name Challenge : 4/6
Graphic Novel Challenge : 5/10 plus 3 extras
TBR Challenge 2008 : 2/12 and 8/12 alternatives
First in a Series Challenge : 7/12
Man Booker Prize Challenge : 6/8
Short Story Reading Challenge : 6/10
Chunkster Challenge : 2/4
Mythopoeic Challenge : 6/7
Inklings Challenge : 2/4
A~Z Challenge : Titles = 19/26, Authors = 19/26
Guardian 100 Greatest Books of All Time : 29/100 (aiming for 50)
Once Upon a Time Challenge : 7/7 plus 17 alternatives COMPLETED
Arthurian Reading Challenge : 0/12
tl;dr Challenge : 1/3
Series Challenge II : 1/8
Non-Fiction Five Challenge : 2/5 plus 0/1 alternatives
End of the World Challenge : 1/3 plus 0/1 alternatives
Classics Challenge 08 : 0/5
Irresitible Review Challenge : 3/8

101 Things to do in 1001 Days : 35/101

My reading was much lower this month in both the number of books read and the number of pages. I guessed it would be with starting a new job and being away for pretty much all of the month. I think I am mostly on top of my challenges still and am hoping that work starts to settle down a little more now I have completed my intensive training in the office. Let the real jet setting begin...!

11 comments:

Melody said...

I'm so impressed, Rhinoa! That's a lot of books you read! And I'm sure you'll complete the rest of the challenges soon! :)

Alice Teh said...

I echo Melody, Rhinoa. Great job with the books.

BTW, you're tagged for a book meme. :D

Nymeth said...

You are definitely doing great on your challenges :)

Carl V. said...

Wow, you're really kicking butt in your reading this year! 97 books!!! That is like a 2 year total for me, lol!

Kelly said...

my goodness how many challenges are you involved with! Don't know how you keep track:)
Kelly
a.book.in.the.life

Stephanie said...

Good lord. And I thought I was in a lot of challenges. Then again, you see to be doing WAY better than me!! You read a lot more anyway!!

Good luck with the rest of the year!!

Ladytink_534 said...

Wow! That's a lot of challenges!

Susan said...

I bow to you....and how did you like Toronto? Niagara Falls? and you're right - after seeing Foyles (and I LOVE this bookstore), the World's Biggest Bookstore doesn't quite fit the description. Glad you could find so many books to bring home, lol!!!

Kim L said...

Looks like you are keeping up well with all of your challenges! I'm working on getting up to date myself. It can be challenging.

Rhinoa said...

Thanks everyone, yes it is a lot of challenges but luckily there are people out there doing many more than me so I don't feel quite so bad!

Susan - I will post about Toronto soon, I need to upload my photos.

mariel said...

That is a lot of books! And a lot of challenges.. you put my reading to shame!