Monday, July 07, 2008

Weekly Geeks #10

It's Weekly Geeks time again and this week the focus is magazines. The task is to talk about the magazines we read and Dewey has even prepared a meme for each magazine read.


1. Name of magazine.
Empire Magazine (a film magazine)

2. Do you subscribe or just buy it now and then?
I don't subscribe but I do rush out and buy it every month. I am waiting to subscribe when they have a special offer I want!

3. What’s your favorite regular feature in the magazine?
I basically just love reading the movie reviews. It also includes some games and dvds as well as a kick ass crossword.

4. What do you think your interest in this magazine says about you?
That I am a film buff.

5. How long have you been reading this magazine?
For a few years now, it's the best film magazine out in the UK.

6. Is there any unique or quirky aspect to the magazine that keeps you reading?
It has the best reviews in my opinion (better than Total Film) and I love the silly comments they put on pictures. They don't take themselves too seriously and are not too pretentious for film fans.

1. Name of magazine.
Edge (a computer games magazine)

2. Do you subscribe or just buy it now and then?
I get it now and then and my husband sometimes buys it when I don't. It depends what is on the cover!

3. What’s your favorite regular feature in the magazine?
I love all the game reviews. My favourite thing about it is that it is not console specific and covers a range of different gaming platforms.

4. What do you think your interest in this magazine says about you?
That I am a console gaming freak!

5. How long have you been reading this magazine?
On and off probably the last 2/3 years.

6. Is there any unique or quirky aspect to the magazine that keeps you reading?
Not so much. The reviews are usually really useful and trustworthy but it's not particularly quirky.

3 comments:

mariel said...

ooh spooky, i just wrote about empire too!

Literary Feline said...

I wonder if Empire is available in the U.S. It sounds like something I would enjoy reading.

Nymeth said...

I don't read many magazines these days, but I used to read a few videogames ones when I was younger. Edge sounds great and I love that cover!