Friday, July 11, 2008

After a lot of umming and ahhing I have decided to join the second round of the Book Awards Reading Challenge. It is hosted by 3M at 1 More Chapter and the dedicated blog is here. The rules are slightly different this time around:

1. Read 10 award winners from August 1, 2008 through June 1, 2009.
2. You must have at least FIVE different awards in your ten titles.
3. Overlaps with other challenges are permitted.
4. You don't have to post your choices right away, and your list can change at any time.
5. 'Award winners' is loosely defined; make the challenge fit your needs, keeping in mind Rule #2.
6. SIGN UP using Mr. Linky at the Book Awards Reading Challenge site.
7. Have fun reading!

I am not going to pick my books beforehand this time and just see what takes my fancy during the time alloted to the challenge. I am looking forward to getting started!

9 comments:

Nicola said...

Welcome to the challenge. I signed up last minute too after humming and hahing. I'm also just going to let the books grab me as I go along as I'm awful with following big lists.

Andi said...

Good luck with it!

Dewey said...

Hooray! I joined, too! I didn't hum and hah at all, because this was one of my favorite challenges.

Alice Teh said...

Have fun with challenge! :D

Robin said...

Oh good! I'm glad you decided to do this challenge because I always enjoy your reviews.

3M said...

Glad you're signing up again, and....

guess what! You were the first place winner for the first challenge! First place is 5 credits at pbs or bookmooch. Bookmooch in your case since you don't live in the U.S. Are you a member at Bookmooch? If you are, let me know your id so I can give you the credits. If you're not or you don't want to become a member, I can send 5 books that they have in stock from my account. However, you live in the UK, right? So the books you request should come from UK owners, otherwise it costs more than 1 credit per transaction.

Email me at 3m.michelle atttt gmail.com to let me know!

jehara said...

hey, i finished your letter and it's ready to post but i've misplaced your new address. can you send it to me? i have a new email soleilkubo@gmail.com.

Susan said...

Hurray, you're joining us! I like how you haven't chosen any titles yet. It took me a little while to see what I was reading, and wanted to read for the challenge. I'm glad you're joining in, Rhinoa!
PS will do the book meme tomorrow....out of time today :-(

Rhinoa said...

Thanks everyone, I am definitely looking forward to the new challenge. I will pick my books as I go along depending on time pressures. I am hardly at home at the moment and my reading is definitely suffering :(

3M - Yay I won a prize! That's so cool. I will email you tonight to chat about it and bask in my glory!!! :)