Saturday, June 14, 2008

Weekly Geeks 7 - Photos

As promised here are some of my photos from recent holidays. As I had so many I have only included the last two we have been on and it may take a while to load as I went photo crazy! The first holiday is Egypt

This is me (in my ginger hair phase) holding the top of the pyramid. I am clearly a giant...!

This is me and Alex by the base of the Sphinx. We forgot to take one of us appearing to kiss it but nevermind.

Me plus camel. Not the most comfortable ride I have ever been on, but certainly better than an elephant (warning to men, don't try riding an elephant!).


Oh yes. The snake charmer. I was fine holding the one around my neck but I really didn't like having one put on my head... Luckily I missed him getting out the scorpian from a match box and making the next guy hold it eww.


I took this from our balloon flight over Luxor about half way through the holiday. We went before sunrise over the city and it was beautiful. I couldn't fully appreciate it as it wa the only morning I was sick and I spent most of my time trying not to throw up over the side.

We found this group of puppies living in one of the temples in Luxor. Here they are sheltering under a rock from the very hot sun.


On to our last holiday in North Wales. These photos were taken in reverse order. I have noticed a terrible trend going through our photos today that I get more and more sunburnt as I go on in every single holiday! I really must be way more careful with putting cream on.
This is me with the puppy I wanted to buy but Alecx wouldn't let me. Look at his eyes, one is blue and the other brown. Beautiful.

I am the strongest of the strong and made it all the way to the top of Snowdon and down!


We had such perfect weather as you can see from the photo below of the beach at Harlech.


Alex standing in green in front of Harlech castle.


Some other weekly geeks have posted shots of places and animals:
Katrina is split between a Caribbean Island and dreary London in her poem
Kim at Bold Blue Adventures has posted about her dog and reading
Not Enough Bookshelves has put up a picture of where they will be, what they will be drinking and what they are taking to read









11 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

That has got to be the coolest experience! Glad you're back though.

Chris said...

What an incredible trip! I can't believe you came back :p If I were you I wouldn't have listened to Alex...I would've just snuck the puppy in my backpack and taken him home ;) Glad you had so much fun!

Nymeth said...

I loove the pictures. The first one is brilliant, lol. The puppy is so cute...too bad you couldn't get him. It looks like you had a great time on both trips. Thanks for sharing :)

Melody said...

I'm sure you enjoyed the trip! Lovely pics, enjoyed viewing them!! :)

Alice Teh said...

The pyramid-holding pic is great! LOL. Great pics you show us here, Rhinoa. More, please... LOL.

Trish said...

I love the ginger hair phase! Your pictures are so much fun and full of personality. Thanks for sharing!! Looks like you are having such a great time. :)

mariel said...

Hail Snowden conqueror! I so would have brought the pup back too, though Morgaine would probably have mauled the little thing! Love the balloon pic. So now you have recovered all your Egypt pics, does this mean I get to finally see them?!

tanabata said...

Haha. That first photo is great! They all are actually. I'm sad that we never got to Wales when we were in the UK.

Kim L said...

What a great trip! I'm totally jealous. I'm going on vacation next week but I definitely won't be seeing the pyramids. Someday maybe!

Carl V. said...

Ah, such great pics! And you are indeed a giant!!! I love fun perspective pictures.

Susan said...

what great photos, rhinoa! And I love the puppy, he is adorable. Our cat wont' let any other animal in the house, so we have to wait, but that puppy would be hard to resist! And you look so happy in your photos - love the balloon one, though I would never have gone up, being afraid of heights. Thanks for sharing all the photos!