Monday, June 23, 2008

Toronto Baby!

So sorry I have not been around lately. Last week I was only home for one full day and I didn't have time after updating my blog to visit other peoples. Now I am in Toronto until early Sunday morning and I will get back to everyone on my return.

So far Toronto is a lot of fun. I have a work conference tomorrow nd Ruesday with little time for sight seeing, but then I am free Wednesday to Saturday. I have booked a trip to Niagra Falls on Thursday which I am really looking forward to. Today I went to the shops and found the World's Largest Bookstopre. I don't think it is any more as I am sure Foyles in London is bigger, but it had a fantastic science fiction and fantasy section with buy three books and get a fourth free. Suffice to say I bought enough books to get 4 for free oops! I will put up a list when I get back along with some photos hopefully.

Better go as I have an early start in the morning and I have some reading to do tonight (must finish Quicksilver by the end of the month and it's massive with tiny writing doh!). I hope everyone is doing well. Speak to you soon xxx

8 comments:

Nymeth said...

*waves* Hi!

Niagara Falls sounds great. Enjoy yourself and take lots of pictures!

I can't wait to hear which books you got. "The World's largest bookshop"... I think I've heard that about 4 or 5 bookshops in different places :P But it's always great to find a big one with lots of fantasy!

Bellezza said...

That would be Quicksilver by Neal (Stephenson, I think), correct? An ambitious book to say the least! I'm looking forward to the list of books you bought, and hoping your journey continues to be a joy.

Debi said...

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! I love Toronto, and Niagra Falls! And I can't wait to see that massive haul you made!

jehara said...

oh i can't wait to hear about your trip! i have always wanted to go to niagra falls.

oh, i wanted to tell you that i finally got my hands on the sweep series. i devoured the first three books in two days. totally loving it. now i have to get back to the library for the next three.

Melody said...

How fun! Can't wait to hear all about your trip (pics too!).

Rhinoa said...

And I bought four more books today, what is wrong with me! I have no more room in my suitcase and may have to resort to buying a second one just to transport my books home.

Nymeth - It really wasn't that big, but yes it had a great selection.

Belezza - Yes that is the one. I have just over 100 pages to go and will *hopefully* have it finished by the time I get home in the early hours of Sunday morning just in time to wrap up the challenge which ends the enxt day.

Debi - I will put up a list when I get back.

Jehera - I am so glad youa re enjoying the series so far and hope you find the rest in your library. I can't believe you haven't read them before! If you like them try The Circle of Three series by Isobel Bird as well.

Melody - So far I have been suffering from headachs but off to Niagra tomorrow so will hopefully improve my mood :)

Alice Teh said...

Can't wait for you to be back, Rhinoa. Enjoy! :D

Kim L said...

Glad to hear your trip is going/went well. I'm sure you'll have some great pictures of Niagara Falls. I have not been there myself, but my husband says it is very cool.