Friday, June 06, 2008



This challenge involved picking a series of books that were linked and reading them between 1/1/08 and 30/6/08. It was hosted by Caribousmom. For this challenge I chose the Adult Fairy Tale series books collected by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling. These are anthologies, collections of short stories and poems where fairy tales are retold for adult audiences (as they were origianlly intended and not the popular Disney versions at all).

1. Black Heart, Ivory Bones
2. Black Thorn, White Rose
3. Snow White, Blood Red
4. Ruby Slippers, Golden Tears
5. Black Swan, White Raven
6. Silver Birch, Blood Moon

As I love fairy tale re-tellings I loved this challenge. They were all great but my favourite was I think Silver Birch, Blood Moon. I higly recommend them and will definitely be reading more collections by both ladies either singly or as a double act.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just a quick update. I am not ignoring everyone, I am just away a lot at the moment. I started my job Monday 2nd June and am staying away from home with no blogging access until I get back for two days at the weekend. This will be until at least the end of the month which will include a time away in Toronto. I will try and catch up on all your blogs at the weekend, but it's also the only time I get to see my husband and my kitties so forgive me if I lapse for this month and possibly July as well. I miss you all though and please feel free to email me in the meantime as I can access those from my phone and reply.

6 comments:

Chris said...

No apologies necessary! I know all about how hard it is to keep up with blogging when you're starting a new job. I've had the hardest time keeping up since I just started my job. Hope it's going good for you though! Enjoy your down time when you get it :)

mariel said...

You are forgiven! Enjoy your weekend, with lots of hubbie and kitty time!

Alice Teh said...

Don't worry about it, Rhinoa. Please don't apologize. Do enjoy your weekend and with your loved ones (hubby and kitties). :D

Nymeth said...

Don't worry about us, just enjoy your weekends and your time with Alex and the kitties. I hope the new job's going well! And congratulations on finishing the challenge :)

Ladytink_534 said...

Congrats! I recently joined an online reading group called Themed Reads but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to keep up with another one. Sorry to hear about you having to take time off from blogging :(

Debi said...

You'll be missed, but no apologies necessary! You're husband and kitties will be needing you on weekends! Hope you have enjoy the traveling!

And congrats on finishing another challenge!