Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm Back!

Wow what a great holiday. I can't put up pictures yet as I *still* haven't found my camera lead to upload them. The memory card has our Wales, Egypt, Prague and Berlin photos on it so I really should get it sorted. Some of the things we did were :

  • Harlech Castle and Beach (plus sunburn ouch)
  • Llecawedd Slate Caverns and Victorian Villiage (the steepest passenger railway in the UK) - other things that happened that day was the car exhaust falling off and having to get the AA out and go to a garage, we were able to hang out in a local pub while it was fixed
  • Mount Snowdon (sore and more sunburn but definitely worth it)
  • Castle Dolbedarn
  • Caernarfon walled town and Cricceth Castle
  • Rabbit Farm with lots of rabbits, beautiful puppies, sheep, goats, cattle and ponies
  • Portmadog and Portmetion
  • The Farm I used to go to every year as a child growing up
  • Conway
  • Liverpool where my mum and gran live where we went to the cinema to see Iron Man

The weather was amazing (hence the sunburn) and we had some great meals out in various pubs. I was also able to get quite a bit of reading done. I am now behind on reviews and will try and catch up over the next few days. While I was away I finished:

  • Lion's Honey - David Grossman
  • Wild Swans - Jung Chang
  • The Wee Free Men - Terry Pratchett
  • Vampire Doll v1 - Erika Kari
  • Perfume - Patrick Suskind

I will also try and get around all of your blogs and see what you have been up to over the last 10 days or so. Annoyingly there look to be some great new challenges out there which I will try and resist, but as you can see I am a bit of a challenge addict...

8 comments:

Literary Feline said...

It sounds like you had a great time! I cannot wait to see your photos. :-) It is always nice when you can fit in reading with your holiday plans too and am glad you were able to. I hope you have a good week.

Kailana said...

Glad you had a good time, even with the sunburn! Welcome back!

Chris said...

Missed you Rhinoa! What a great trip! Sounds like you did some amazing things...I can't wait to see the pics when you can get them uploaded...and yeah...there are some horribly irresistible challenges out there now :/

Nymeth said...

Welcome back! You should get a new cable, I really want to see the pictures :P Sigh, I miss Caernarfon. And the Snowdown area.

It's cool that you got some reading done in addition to having such a good time, and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on those books.

Stephanie said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a fantastic time! I can't wait to see the pictures!!

STAY AWAY FROM THE CHALLENGES!! They are just too hard to resist!

Melody said...

Welcome back!!! I can't wait to see the pics! :D

Trish said...

What a fantastic trip! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures--I'm sure they are beautiful!

tanabata said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time, even with the sunburn.