Thursday, May 22, 2008

Booking Through Thursday


Books vs Movies
Suggested by: Superfastreader:
Books and films both tell stories, but what we want from a book can be different from what we want from a movie. Is this true for you? If so, what’s the difference between a book and a movie?

I love both books and movies. Books are great as they let your imagination run wild. You picture the cahracters, scenes and environment described in the book. You have free reign, it becomes your story. A film is different as it is more of a visual experience and treat. The costumes and characters are real, moving about in front of you. Movies are great to relax to, to just sit back and enjoy the show being performed for you. A book is a different kind of escapism, more solitary than watching a film.

The cat above is not Morgaine or Merlin this week, it is my sisters cat Sergi (yes a Russian male name for an English female cat, go figure). I got to see her on the way back from Wales and she insisted on sitting on me when I went to bed, dribbling and shaking her head in my face. Lovely...

4 comments:

Melody said...

I agree with you, Rhinoa. Books and movies are two different things, although they're both good escapism in their own way.

Sounds like Sergi likes you very much... ;)

pussreboots said...

Nothing wrong with Sergi for a calico... of course my calico is named Caligula which is equally strange, I suppose. :)

Happy BTT.

gautami tripathy said...

Sergi looks like a cool cat!

Here is my BTT post!

Alice Teh said...

Sergi is very sober looking. Hehe...

Have a good weekend!