Thursday, May 01, 2008

April Summary

April turned out to be a better month for reading than I expected. The number of pages I am reading a month is still decreasing and I have been reading more manga lately which I am really enjoying. It is interesting keeping a log like this to see what my reading habits are.

Number of Books Read April : 18, Total 68
Number of Pages Read : 5520, Total 22756
Book Awards Reading Challenge : 20/23 (need to read a minimum of 12)
Series Challenge : 7/8
Themed Reading Challenge : 5/6
Young Adult Challenge : 7/12
Challenge with Nymeth : 1/5
What's in a Name Challenge : 3/6
Graphic Novel Challenge : 4/10 plus 3 extras
TBR Challenge 2008 : 2/12 and 5/12 alternatives
First in a Series Challenge : 5/12
Man Booker Prize Challenge : 6/8
Short Story Reading Challenge : 5/10
Chunkster Challenge : 2/4
Mythopoeic Challenge : 5/7
Inklings Challenge : 2/4
A~Z Challenge : Titles = 17/26, Authors = 17/26
Guardian 100 Greatest Books of All Time : 28/100 (aiming for 50)
Twisted Fairy Tales Challenge : 6/6 Completed
Once Upon a Time Challenge : 4/7 plus 11 alternatives
Spring Reading Thing Challenge : 3/7
Arthurian Reading Challenge : 0/12
tl;dr Challenge : 0/3

101 Things to do in 1001 Days : 33/101

12 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

You did good this month! I read about 10 books.

mariel said...

Girl...that is a LOT of challenges! ;)

Clare said...

Wow you read lots! I'm nowhere near that, lots of catching up to do!

Nymeth said...

Well, even if your number of pages is decreasing that is still a very impressed amount of books!

Chris said...

Your reading totals are DECREASING? lol...Don't I wish....My page total was somewhere around 2300 for the month and I thought it was going to be a good month...sheesh, I need to pick up the pace! At least 100 pages a day!

Robin said...

Wow!! That is an amazing list of books read, pages read, and reading challenges! You are inspiring!

Jaimie said...

Wow! You are doing great!

Melody said...

I think you're doing great, Rhinoa!!! Look at the list! ;P

Jackie said...

Have you read any Jeaniene Frost? If you haven't, then you really should. Her novels are AWESOME!!

Rhinoa said...

Thanks - I know I have signed up for a lot of challenges but I think I am on top of them at the moment for the most part. Must start the Arthurian Challenge soon.

Jackie - Thanks for the recommendation, I will check her out. The name is definitely familiar...

Alice Teh said...

You're CRAZY!! 17 books!! WOW...

Susan said...

I am in awe. You read in one month what I've managed to read in the year so far!!! do you ever sleep? that's the only time I can think of to grab - stay up late reading. That, or never ever go out again....but honestly, amazing stats, Rhinoa. and you review most of your books and like them. That is an amazing month! I'm with Chris, lol to the 'pages read' decreasing... :-)