Sunday, April 06, 2008

New Job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been a bit absent since Thursday as I had a really long job interview. I had a three hour drive there, a three hour interview and a three hour drive home again. Needless to say I went to bed very early on thursday! The interview was long and I had to prepare a 25 minute presentation which I ended up giving to 8 different managers including the boss of the entire company. I did the best I could and felt pleased coming out knowing that if I didn't get the job it wasn't down to anything I could have done better.

I was due to hear next week if I got it or not, but to put me out of my misery the manager phoned me on Friday telling me she wanted to formally offer me the job. Of course I said yes! It is a massive promotion and fab payrise so how could I say no?! The only slight downside is I won't get a comapny car anymore as I will be covering all of Europe instead of just London like I do now. They will arrange for a hire car when I am abroad travelling if I need it.

I am so excited and am finding it very hard to concentrate on anything at the moment. I don't start until June 2nd as I have holiday booked and so does my new manager so it makes sense to start when this has been taken. I am so bored at my current job, my brain is slowly dying and my manager is an idiot. It will be great to work for a bigger company with more responsibility and career prospects. I am not going to hand in my notice until the end of the month and will be able to smile to myself until then. Woo yay!!!!!!!!!!!

17 comments:

Chris said...

Fabulous news Rhinoa!!! I couldn't be happier for you...sounds like all of your hard work paid off. Though what a nerve wracking interview! 3 hours? I would go crazy! Congrats!!

Trish said...

Congrats on the new job! I can understand brain-deteriorating work (sounds like the job I was working at a few months ago before I moved back to Dallas). Best of luck!

Literary Feline said...

That is terrific news, Rhinoa! Congratulations.

Andi said...

Congratulations!!!! That's wonderfulfantastic. :)

Marg said...

Huge Congratulations! And yay to working for a company with more prospects!

Nymeth said...

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you. It's wonderful to have a job that mentally challenges you, and on top of that you'll get to travel!

Caroline said...

Oh, well done you! So pleased for you - all the best! :)

Melody said...

Congrats on the new job, Rhinoa! I'm so thrilled for you. :)

tanabata said...

Congratulations on the new job!

Jackie said...

Congratulations!!!

Kim L said...

Aww congratulations Rhinoa!! I'm happy for ya. I just started a new job a few weeks ago, so I know how you feel about sitting around waiting to start the new job.

That's awesome for you, and I hope the new job works out well!

Jaimie said...

Congratulations!

ames said...

Congrats!!

Carl V. said...

Congratulations to you! I am so happy for you. That's great!

Kris said...

Big congrats, that is very exciting!!

jehara said...

that's awesome!!!! congratulations!!
i know you have been tiring of the current job for awhile, so i am super excited for you!

yay!

:)

Robin said...

Congratulations, Rhinoa! It sounds like a wonderful change for you.