Sunday, April 13, 2008

Broken - Kelley Armstrong


Rating : 4.0/5
Number of Pages : 446
Number in Series : #6 Woman of the Otherworld
Reason for Reading : Series Reading, to continue with this series which I have previosuly enjoyed

The sixth in the Woman of the Otherworld series sees the welcome return og Elena Michaels. She is the only female werewolf and on top of that she is now pregnant by her werewolf boyfriend and man who turned her, Clay. At the start of the novel Elena is mostly worried about the effect that Changing will have on her unborn baby as well as staving off boredom by Clay and Jeremy not letting her out of their sights. She needn't worry as just around the corner looms a much larger threat.

Half-demon Xavier also returns in this novel to ask Elena to return a favour and steal the legendary "From Hell" letter supposedly sent by Jack the Ripper to the police during his killing spree. A sorcerer has it after an ancestor initially stole it from London police and it is guarded by special spells that only the werewolves can penetrate. Gaining the letter has unforseen consequences involving zombies and a time portal to Victorian England which the modern day Toronto locals are getting lost in. Necromancer Jamie and the rest of the Pack are called in to help Elena and Clay face their toughest challenge yet on the hunt for the notorious Jack the Ripper.

Gripping and much sexier than I remembered previous novels in this series, I found this hard to put down. Elena dealt with her accelerated pregnancy well wihlst still kicking ass. There were a couple of interesting new characters and I especially liked vampire Zoe who originally stole the letter from London police. I hope there are more in the series focusing on Elena, I really want to read what happens next for her.

3 comments:

Literary Feline said...

Elena is my favorite character of the series, and I love spending time with her. I am glad you enjoyed this one. I admit that I have a little crush on Clay, but let's keep that between us and blogland. ;-)

Nymeth said...

This sounds like a really cool series!

Ladytink_534 said...

I love this series and I'm really looking forward to reading Personal Demon! This is one of my favorites.