Thursday, April 10, 2008

Booking Through Thursday


Writing Challenge

Pick up the nearest book. (I’m sure you must have one nearby.)
Turn to page 123.
What is the first sentence on the page?
The last sentence on the page?
Now . . . connect them together….(And no, you may not transcribe the entire page of the book–that’s cheating!)

Book = Broken by Kelley Armstrong

"It continued down the street of nightclubs, past lines of people waiting to get inside. "Maybe say... I don't know... something like 'fifty bucks'."

Not particularly exciting I know sorry!

The photo though is of Morgaine sleeping on the sofa. I don't know how it's a comfortable position, but it did mean she got to show off her white tummy which matches her socks and whiskers. She is such a pretty little thing.

9 comments:

tanabata said...

Bailey will often sprawl out like that. Makes me want to rub his tummy every time! :P

Vicki said...

You have one cute cat there!! I just stopped by from the booking through thursday page!

Always good to meet another reader!

Paula Weston said...

I'm trying to play "guess the book genre" with this BTT challenge (for books I'm not familiar with).

Yours I'm not sure about. Either crime thriller or chick lit?? (Apologies if I'm way off base).

Very cute cat by the way!

Marianne Arkins said...

So funny... everyone is answering this question differently!

Happy BTT (love the kitty pic).

Rhinoa said...

Paula - It's acutally urban fantasy!

Marianne - I did write a little bit of a story between the two quotes form the book but decided it was a bit rubbish so I took it out just leaving the quotes. Will try and think of something better in the week.

Maree said...

It's fascinating, reading everyone's different replies. Love the kitty _ they look soooo relaxed in that pose _ until, that is you're tempted to scratch their belly ....

Chris said...

I agree. We're all interpreting the question differently.

Melody said...

Morgaine looks so cute in that position!! :)

Trish said...

I may have to cross the big wide ocean and kidnap your cat! My cat is mostly white with some black so I think they'd be best friends. :)