Monday, March 10, 2008

This looks like just my kind of challenge and is hosted over at Squeaky Books. The challenge runs from 5th March until 5th May 2008 and the aim is to pick at least 4 books based on fairy tales to read during this time. You may also read a book that is not directly based on a fairy tale, but has a very fairy-tale theme. I am crossing over most of the books with other challenges as I have so much to read already, I am just bumping them up my list which I hope it ok... My list is:

1. Wildwood Dancing - Juliet Marillier
2. Peter Pan in Scarlet - Geraldine McCaughrean
3. Tam Lin - Pamela Dean
4. The Goose Girl - Shannon Hale
5. Thomas the Rhymer - Ellen Kushner
6. Snow White and Rose Red - Patricia C Wrede

7 comments:

Melody said...

This sounds fun. I'll have to give this a pass since I don't think I'm able to cope with too many challenges!

Ooh, I too have Wildwood Dancing in my pile, so I'll look forward to your review soon. :)

Nymeth said...

Ahhh this one is so tempting! But like Melody said, I don't think I could handle more challenges. There's always the fairy tale category of the upcoming Once Upon a Time II...maybe I could do an overlap. Hmm...

Anyway, that's a great list of books and I look forward to your thoughts on them.

Rhinoa said...

Melody and Nymeth - I know what you mean about challenges, I have committed to far too many but what the hell! They are books I really want to read anyway so I will give it a go.

Erin said...

Yay for Goose Girl and Wildwood Dancing! Both are amazing books. :D

Ladytink_534 said...

Love the bookmark! I'd like to participate but I don't think I can come up with too many twisted faery tales :( I saw a review for Peter Pan in
Scarlet and thought it sounded really interesting. Looking forward to your review on that!

heather (errantdreams) said...

It does indeed seem like your kind of challenge! I'm looking forward to hearing about it!

gautami tripathy said...

I too will give it a miss! No time!