Thursday, March 13, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

Playing Editor

Suggested by John :
How about a chance to play editor-in-chief? Fill in the blanks:
__________ would have been a much better book if ______________________.

Stray by Vicky Allan would have been a much better book if she hadn't completely changed the personality of the narrator of the story half way through the book. This is one of the books I read last year that was pretty disappointing. The first half was written really well setting the scene and adding suspense, and the second half just completely ruined it for me. Perhaps she should only write half books in future...

Not one of my cats this time, but Merlin did do this once when I was having a bath. He jumped in and jumped out again very quickly soaking wet. I had to jump out after him and chase him around my flat with a towel only clothed in bubbles. Crazy kitty...

14 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

It is so very exasperating if any character changes in temperament half way through. It is like a soap opera!

Here is my BTT post!

BooksPlease said...

I don't know this book, but it sounds very disappointing.

Lucy, my cat, likes to look at the water, but only puts a paw in. She has walked round the edge though when the bath was full of water.

Jeane said...

You kitty looks shocked! Mine always come to peek when somebody's in the tub, but they would never even put a paw in, much less jump! How funny.

heather (errantdreams) said...

roflmao! that's a hysterical photo! one of our cats once jumped into the tub not realizing it was still half full of water, and streaked off around the hose spraying water everywhere.

heather (errantdreams) said...

Erm, HOUSE. Not hose. I guess thinking about water... lol.

bethany said...

i love that cat!!!

Sorry to say I haven't read the book you'd like to change.

Chris said...

I can't stand that either. Love that cat pic. No way would mine stay in like that.

Booklogged said...

Hilarious! Did you think it was funny while you were chasing Merlin through the house, both of you dripping with water - or was it only funny later? Thanks for sharing the cute picture and the funny story, Rhinoa. You cheered up my gloomy day.

Nymeth said...

If there's something that bugs me it's lack of character consistency. That book sounds really disappointing.

lol, I love that picture. I have a friend whose cat loves water and actually follows her into the shower. Mine absolutely hate getting wet.

pussreboots said...

I wrote about Harry Potter.

My cat when she was 10 years younger used to hop into the bath tub when I was bathing. She doesn't do it any more.

Ladytink_534 said...

Lol, lol, lol! That is the cutest picture! Jarren likes to play on the side of the tub while I take a bath. She's only fell in once but it was hilarious!!!

Trish said...

I can't believe your cat jumped in the tub!! My cat *HATES* water and will avoid it at all costs. Cute picture.

Melody said...

I've never read that book but I'm sure I'd be disappointing too if I were in your shoes.

I love that kitty pic!

tanabata said...

That's such a great picture you found! I can't believe your cat jumped into the tub! Our 2 love checking out the shower and tub but not when there is actually any water or anyone using them. Too funny!