Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rating : 4.0/5
Number of Pages : 193
Number in Series : #1
Reason for Reading : It looked fun and I needed an author beginning with U for the A-Z reading challenge

The first in a manga series. Tadahiro comes home to stay with his cousins Tama, Yuzu and Kurako. Spirits are attracted to him, especially evil ones, and his cousins want to protect him without having to perform an exorcism. They are priestesses who keep an eye on the spirit realm. Middle sister Yuzu and Tadahiro have a mysterious connection from a shared past before he left that her family attirbute to love. She seems to be able to sense when demons and spirits are attacking him.

Tadhiro feels abandoned. His father died when he was young and his mother never seems to have really been around. He is trying to learn more about the father he never knew and fit into a family life after spending so much time alone. There is the suggestion his father was evil and that Tadhiro's blood is traced from a long line of ancestors and has mixed in a new and interesting way.

I thought this was a great start to the series. It is beaitifully drawn and I will definitely be reading more as well as looking out for the anime based on it. I haven't really watched any anime before, but if it is like the manga I will be giving it a try.

1 comments:

Darla D said...

I haven't heard of this series - it sounds like fun! I hope my library has it...