Thursday, February 21, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

Format

All other things (like price and storage space) being equal, given a choice in a perfect world, would you rather have paperbacks in your library? Or hardcovers? And why?

I am a paperback girl all the way. I occassionally buy hardbacks, but very rarely. They are often more beautiful than paperbacks, but they are too wieldly to carry around and read. I do a lot of reading on the train and hardbacks just aren't practical for that, especially when I have to carry a large work bag around with me as well. I prefer the feel of paperbacks somehow and I don't think I have more than 10 hardback books. However, if I had a dedicated mega library I might have copies of my favourite books in both hardback and paperback. The paperback would be my reading copy and the hardback for display and asthetics.

Above is a picture of my new poppet and poppet related additions. I love them and can't quite decide which is my favourite although I am leaning towards the Little Pink with no face and bunny rabbit. I have a few more on the way hopefully and am working on slowly building up a poppet army to rival my My Little Pony one!

7 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Yep, one of each format would work, since money is no option *G*

Happy BTT!

Melody said...

I'm a paperback girl too, hardcovers are just too expensive. Ooh, what a lovely collection! I love the Little Pink... so unique. ;)

Nymeth said...

lol, a Poppet army! I love it! Little Pink is just beautiful. I need to get myself some more Poppets too.

I prefer paperbacks as well. I always have a book with me and hardcovers are just a pain to carry.

gautami tripathy said...

As I always carry a book, I prefer paperbacks!

Booking through format

Ladytink_534 said...

Really great answer and I love your new poppet! I wish I still had all of my My Little Ponies :(

Trish said...

Interesting question! I've noticed that I've done a little switch recently. I used to be a hardcover snob, but I can't even remember the last hardcover book I've read (its been months--all my copies are just collecting dust on the shelf). I'm like you and find it easier to carry a paperback and read it anywhere.

Literary Feline said...

I love the poppets! Especially the faceless one.

I think paperbacks are much more practical for carrying around too.