Thursday, February 07, 2008

Booking Through Thursday


But, enough about books…

Okay, even I can’t read ALL the time, so I’m guessing that you folks might voluntarily shut the covers from time to time as well… What else do you do with your leisure to pass the time? Walk the dog? Knit? Run marathons? Construct grandfather clocks? Collect eggshells?

I supposed my other main hobby is going to the cineman although I have only been once so far this year. I pay a set amount every month to use the Cineworld chain of cinemas as often as I want. This means I try and go at th every least twice a month so I have some catching up to do in 2008! I like comedies and quirky unique films, but am not a horror fan. The best film I saw last year was a strange rom-com called Eagle Versus Shark from New Zealand which I just bought on DVD and I highly recommend. The year before I think my favourite film was Little Miss Sunshine.

I also do cross stitch patterns and make cards from time to time and hope to start teaching myself to make clothes this year. I can barely knit and have only mastered plain stitch to date. I try to spend a fair amount of time with the cats as they are indoor moggies and very people friendly. They are very demanding on my attention if I am in the house which is always fun.

I used to go out clubbing a lot as I love music and dancing, but I haven't had much time lately (although I might be going out tonight). Every monday however me and my husband do DJ in a bar/club in South London where we play a bit of everything except Indie music. We have been doing it for about 2 years now and it's a fun little side project to make some money for our holiday fund.

The photo is Morgaine sleeping on the back of the sofa with her tongue out ^_^

17 comments:

Melody said...

I love cross-stitching, Rhinoa! But having a small kid at home doesn't allow me to do so... As for knitting, I know nothing about it so I'm keen to learn if given a chance, but gotta wait till my daughter has grown up and doesn't need much of my attention, hehe.

And that's a cute pic of Morgaine! ;)

Alice Teh said...

Oh.... you're a DJ!! That's so cool. I used to go clubbing a few years back and always admired the DJs.

I've knitted a sweater for my ex-boyfriend a few years back, and he insisted on a white one. Gosh... I had the most challenging time doing that but as always, I love a good challenge!

Happy BTT!

gautami tripathy said...

I like to knit. I have knitted myself a cardigan and four mufflers this year. I do it while watching TV.

Maree said...

I can't knit. Tried it when I was eight and managed about quarter of an ever-decreasing scarf.
I love going to the movies too, and I'm lucky enough to be able to go for nothing; I write movie reviews for the paper I work for and have a media pass. :)
*Love* the photo of your cat!

Chris said...

I used to cross stitch all the time but not so much now.

Amy said...

I used to spend a lot of time cross-stitching but when my kids were little, I shelved it. I really should get it out again as I truly miss it.

I loved Little Miss Sunshine!

Morgaine is adorable. My cat Moon sleeps with his tongue out all the time. I think it is so sweet.

Have a happy Thursday!

Jaimie said...

I love cross stitch too and have alot of fun with that. One of these days I have got to learn how to knit!

John Mutford said...

I've had Eagle and Shark ordered for a while now as I'm a big fan of Flight of the Conchords. Glad to hear it's a good movie.

Chris said...

That's very cool that y'all DJ..I remember you saying that before...fun side job! And what a cute pic of the cat!

Kim L said...

What a cute picture! That is cool that you DJ. What fun.

pussreboots said...

I used to do cross stitch but I haven't done it in years. Happy BTT.

Literary Feline said...

I enjoy going to the movies also. I really like the idea of that deal you get--paying a set amount a month and then being able to go as often as you like. Sounds like a good deal!

karen! said...

This week's BTT question was really fun. It's interesting to see what everyone likes doing with the rest of their free time.

Clare said...

Photography is my other passion than books!

Nymeth said...

That has to be my very favourite picture of Morgaine. She looks so adorable!

Little Miss Sunshine was my favourite movie of last year too. And I've been wanting to watch Eagle Versus Shark every since I read your review.

Rhinoa said...

John - I really want to watch Flight of the Conchords. It looks wicked!

Darla D said...

What a fun post and interesting comments! I spend a lot of time playing games with my kids (my husband jokes that's why I wanted to have them - so I'd have someone to play with). We love all kinds of board games. I also make pottery and love photography and making videos and editing them. And I love to write, too, of course! Now if there were only more hours in the day...

And your kitty is very adorable. I've never seen a cat sleep with its tongue out! (Although one of our cats will use his tongue to wash the dog's face!)