Friday, January 04, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

Anticipation

Last week we talked about the books you liked best from 2007. So this week, what with it being a new year, and all, we’re looking forward….
What new books are you looking forward to most in 2008? Something new being published this year? Something you got as a gift for the holidays? Anything in particular that you’re planning to read in 2008 that you’re looking forward to? A classic, or maybe a best-seller from 2007 that you’re waiting to appear in paperback?

There are a few on my list that are coming out in paperback this year:
White Night - Jim Butcher
All Together Dead - Charlaine Harris
Slam - Nick Hornby (second most anticipated)
Voice of the Gods - Trudi Canavan
The Cursed - LA Banks
Belladonna - Anne Bishop (most anticipated!)
The Harlequin - Laurell K Hamilton
No Humans Involved - Kelley Armstrong
Made to be Broken - Kelley Armstrong
Embrace the Night - Karen Chance
The Well of Shades - Juliet Marillier (third more anticipated)
Kushiel's Secret - Jacqueline Carey
Trickery Treat - Charmed
Mona Lisa Craving - Sunny
Dark Possession - Christine Feehan

There are so many books I am looking forward to reading this year. Basically if you look at what I have to read on my challengelists, I am looking forward to reading every single one of them!

The above picture above is of me in my new cat paw print skirt and top with Morgaine on my shoulder bless her!

7 comments:

a.book.in.the.life said...

What a lovely photo!

Ladytink_534 said...

I'm looking forward to some of those too (you'll love No Human's Involved and The Harlequin)!

Great photo and cute cat! Jarren would have a fit if I put her on my shoulder. She's much more content sitting in my lap or sleeping on my stomach lol.

Dewey said...

Love the cat paw outfit! And, of course, the cat. It's ridiculous how much I love seeing what people's cats look like. Almost as much as I like seeing what the people themselves look like!

Literary Feline said...

I love that photo! So cute! I found myself nodding as I read your list. I have four of the books you listed in hardback and still haven't read them. I hope to this year though.

Amy said...

What a sweet picture.Both you and Morgaine look great!

Cat lover here too. We have 3!

Melody said...

I'm definitely looking forward to Kelley Armstrong & Laurell K Hamilton's books!! Their books always seems like a long wait to me, hehe.

I like your print skirt and top. And I think the pic is lovely. :)

Nymeth said...

I love that picture! The outfit is great and you both look lovely. I like how you can see the tip of Morgaine's tongue.

I'm looking forward to reading Slam as well, but like you I'm waiting for the paperback.