Saturday, December 29, 2007

TBR Challenge Completed



I didn't really start blogging to join this challenge officially, but I wanted to clear some of the books I had so I decided to do it unofficially anyway. The challenge was to read 12 books throughout 2007 that you already owned and had waiting To Be Read. I picked 12 alternatives in case I changed my mind and I ended up reading my original 12 picks plus 9 of my alternatives.

1) Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
2) Ninteen Eighty Four - George Orwell
3) Hamlet - William Shakespeare
4) Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy
5) Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
6) Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
7) Crime and Punishment - Fyodor M Dostoyevsky
8) The Five of Cups - Wendy Mewes
9) Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman
10) Foxmask - Juliet Marillier
11) The Constant Princess - Phillippa Gregory
12) Chocolat - Joanne Harris

Alternatives:
1) The Iliad - Homer
2) The Odyssey - Homer
3) One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
4) Gilgamesh
5) Othello - William Shakespear
6) The Ice Queen - Alice Hoffman
7) Genome - Matt Ridley
8) Guilty Pleasures - Laurell K Hamilton
9) Lord of the Flies - William Golding

6 comments:

Nymeth said...

wow, you read a lot of classics this year! I hope I have the time to read more classics in 2008, including some of the ones you read this year.

Rhinoa said...

Yeah I guess I did in the end. I am about half way to reaching my goal of reading 50 from the Guardian list now, but I don't think I will get many read next year so 2009 may be a catch up until my deadline runs out in November.

Ladytink_534 said...

Chocolat and Guilty Pleasures are such great books! Have you read any more of the Anita Blake's since the first one?

Literary Feline said...

You sure did take on some big ones. That earns a double congratulations! :-)

I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Melody said...

You have a great list there, Rhinoa! Congrats on completing the challenges! :)

Rhinoa said...

Ladytink - Yes I read up to the end of the sixth in the series and hope to finish it off soon. I also got The Lollipop Shoes by Joanne Harris for Christmas which I am looking forward to.

Literary Feline - Thanks, I really got into the classics much more than I thought I would it turned out and I am looking forward to reading more.

Melody - Cheers, I only finished just in time luckily and I will be doing the official challenge next year.