Sunday, December 16, 2007

TBR Challenge 2008


This challenge is being held again here which I am looking forward to. I missed the official start date this year but decided to participate unofficially anyway. The challenge is to pick 12 books and read them throughout 2008 from your TBR pile (ie you must already own them). I have picked 12 books plus 12 alternatives to give myself a bit of wiggle room in case I change my mind about my original picks. My list is:

1) The Ladies of Grace Adieu - Susanna Clarke
2) The Boleyn Inheritance - Philippa Gregory
3) The Divine COmedy - Danta Alighirei
4) Lucinda Darkly - Sunny
5) Canterbury Tales - Geoffrey Chaucer
6) Hood - Stephen Lawhead
7) The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
8) Middlemarch - George Elliot
9) Lamb - Christopher Moore
10) Things Fall Apart - China Achebe
11) The Penelopiad - Margaret Atwood
12) The Bloody Chamber - Angela Carter

Alternatives:

1) Storm Front - Jim Butcher
2) Death Note v1 - Takeshi Obata
3) The Invisable Ring - Anne Bishop
4) Madam Bovay - Gustave Flaubert
5) Minion - LA Banks
6) The Trial - Franz Kafka
7) The Magicians Guild - Trudi Canavan
8) Sons and Lovers - DH Lawrence
9) The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemmingway
10) The Book of Lost Things - John Conolly
11) Midnights Children - Salman Rushdie
12) Touch the Dark - Karen Chance

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a great list!! I can't say enough good things about The Book Thief!! Can't wait to see all your reviews!

Literary Feline said...

Great list, Rhinoa! It's a very diverse list too, which will keep things fun for you, I'm sure!

Thank you so much for the Secret Santa gift! I love everything. :-)

Rhinoa said...

Stephanie - I am definately looking forward to it.

Wendy - Wow that got there really quickly! I hope you don't mind it wasn't book related, I thought I would do something different.

Melody said...

Wow, what a list, Rhinoa! I can see you have The Book of Lost Things under your Alternatives as well. :)

I have been looking for Storm Front for some time but still couldn't find it at the bookstores, I suppose I have to look up at the online bookstores, sigh...

Carrie K said...

Great list! Canterbury Tales in the old English? (Don't.)

I never have finished my short, short Angela Carter book. Have you read her before?

Nymeth said...

So many grea books! I had to read Sons and Lovers for my DH Lawrence class, and I was surprised that I liked it so much. I really want to read more Lawrence now. The Book of Lost Things you'll love for sure. The Penelopiad and The Bloody Chamber are great too!

Alice Teh said...

Love your list! I have some of the books you've listed but I can't include them in because they're not more than 6 months old to be enlisted... Anyway... Happy Reading!