Saturday, December 29, 2007



I really enjoyed this challenge. Every participant put forward 5 books that meant a lot to them and explained why. They then picked at least 5 books for everyone elses list to read from 1/8/07-31/12/07. It was a fun way to bring the blogging community together and learn a little about otehr users. I put forward books which I love and all say a little something about me:

The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop
Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice
High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien

I read all of my 5 chosen books plus 8 alternatives:

1. A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson (RaiderGirl)
2. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee (Stephanie, Janet)
3. The Polysyllabic Spree - Nick Hornby (Athena)
4. Chocolat - Joanne Harris (Chasida, Margo)
5. Genome - Matt Ridley (Juli)

Alternatives read during the time:
Twilight - Stephanie Meyer (Suey)
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold (Chasida)
Crime and Punnishment - Fyoder Dostoyevsky (JMC)
Number the Stars - Lois Lowry (Booklogged)
The Giver - Lois Lowry (Sarah Miller)
Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury (Faith)
The Iliad - Homer (Alyson)
Mrs Dalloway - Virginia Woolf (Trish)

2 comments:

Nymeth said...

I really wish I had joined this challenge. It sounds like such a fun way of getting to know other bloggers better.

Rhinoa said...

If it runs again maybe you could. We do have our own mini version of it this year anyway :)