Monday, December 31, 2007

You can find details of this challenge here which has a number of options for reading short stories throughout 2008. I only really started reading short stories last year and really enjoyed most of them. I had picked the six Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling collections plus the Susanne Clarke one to read for other challenges and added a couple more that are unique to this challenge which I hope is ok. This puts me in for challenge option 3&4 I think and my choices are:

1) Black Heart, Ivory Bones - Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
2) Black Thorn, White Rose - Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
3) Blood Red, Snow White - Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
4) Ruby Slippers, Golden Tears - Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
5) Black Swan, White Raven - Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
6) Silver Birch, Blood Moon - Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
7) The Ladies of Grace Adieu - Susanna Clarke
8) Bite - Laurell K Hamilton
9) Buring Your Boats - Angela Carter
10) Dates from Hell - Kelley Armstrong

4 comments:

Literary Feline said...

That's a great list, Rhinoa! I considered making a list with Susanna Clarke's book on it, but decided it might be a tad too much. If I can get to it, I well though as I really want to read it.

Nymeth said...

This challenge is very tempting. I think I might to with option 1 though, at least to start with. Burning Your Boats includes The Bloody Chamber plus a few more of her stories, right? I think you will enjoy it. And I picked up The Ladies of Grace Adieu yesterday with a gift card I got for Christmas. I really look forward to reading it.

Ladytink_534 said...

I've read all of those except 5, 6, 7 and 9. They were great!

Melody said...

Great list, Rhinoa!
I'm participating as well, but mine pale in comparison with yours, LOL.