Friday, December 28, 2007

Man Booker Challenge



Hosted by Dewey this challenge is to read at least 6 Man Booker prize winners or any that have been either long or short listed throughout 2008. I wasn't going to sign up for any more challenges, but as I already picked four to try and read for the Book Awards Reading Challenge and I have the others I picked out already at home I thought why not, it will help clear the stacks. My picks are:

1. The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood (winner 2000)
2. The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy (winner 1997)
3. Paddy Clark Ha Ha Ha - Roddy Doyle (winner 1993)
4. Midnights Children - Salman Rushdie (winner 1981)
5. On Beauty - Zadie Smith (shortlist 2005)
6. The Testament of Gideon Mack - James Robertson (longlist 2006)
7. Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell (shortlisted 2004)
8. Oryx and Crake - Margaret Atwood (shortlist 2003)

3 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I will be reading The Blind Assassin this year too! Although not for this challenge. :-) I really want ot read The God of Small Things. I am not sure it will be this year, but it would be nice. I have big hopes and not enough time, I think. Haha

Nymeth said...

yay, I'm glad you're joining too. I'm reading On Beauty too next year, but for the Book Awards Reading Challenge. The God of Small Things is such a beautiful book... definitely one of my favourites of the year. I can't wait to see what you think of it.

jehara said...

oryx and crake is VERY good. i look forward to your thoughts on it.