Wednesday, December 12, 2007

First in a Series Challenge

The challenge is to read 12 books throughout 2008 that are the first in a series. It is hosted by Joy and should be really fun. I am doing another series challenge to get me up to date with some I am currently reading so this will help jump start some new ones for me. I am cheating a little and overlapping with some other challenges as I have signed up for probably far too many for next year already which I hope is ok. My list is:

1. Storm Front - Jim Butcher (Dresden Files)
2. Death Note v1 - Takeshi Obata (Death Note manga series)
3. The Magicians Guild - Trudi Canavan (Black Magician Trilogy)
4. Touch the Dark - Karen Chance (Cassie Plamer series)
5. Hood - Stephen Lawhead (King Raven series)
6. Sandamn v1 - Neil Gaiman (Sandman graphic novel series)
7. Minion - LA Banks (Vampire Huntress Legend)
8. The Looking Glass Wars - Frank Beddon (Looking Glass Wars series)
9. The Wee Free Man - Terry Pratchett (Bromeliad series)
10. Goddess of the Night - Lynne Ewing (Daughters of the Moon series)
11. Dead Witch Walking - Kim Harrison (Rachel Morgan series)
12. Dark Prince - Christine Feehan (Carpathian series)

8 comments:

Chris said...

There is no way I could do this challenge, LOL...the last thing I need to do is start 12 new series! I have enough in the TBR pile as it is! But good luck with it ;) You have some great authors picked!

jehara said...

i just read the first daughters of the moon book last night. i liked it. i hope you enjoy it as well.

Rhinoa said...

Chris - I know what you mean but these are all books I already have the whole series for at home so it will definitely be helping with my stupidly high number of TBR.

Jehara - Cool I will keep an eye on your blog for a review. I forgot to email you to tell you I posted you a letter and a couple of things for christmas. Let me know they arrive safely and if you like them :)

Chris said...

Well you see, it makes sense if you already own the whole series ;) That's been my criteria for joining challenges this year: I have to own the books already!

jehara said...

we'll keep my eye out for them. thanks!

jehara said...

we'll keep my eye out for them. thanks!

Literary Feline said...

Jim Butcher's Dresden Files is one of my all time favorite series. I hope you will like it! And I thought the Trudi Canavan trilogy was good. I want to read her other trilogy one of these days. The books get better as they go.

I am really looking forward to finally starting on Kim Harrison's series. I've been wanting to for so long, but just never got around to it. We'll have to compare notes!

Joy said...

Welcome to the 1st in a Series Challenge, Rhinoa! I don't consider it cheating to cross-challenge. I wouldn't be able to participate in the ones I chose if I didn't. :) I hope you enjoy every one of your chosen books. It won't be long before we can begin!