Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What's in a Name Challenge



I have seen a few people sign up for this challenge for next year and it looked like fun so I thought why not! It is being hosted by Annie at Words by Annie and is runnning throughout 2008. My picks are below and it took me a while to come up with all the different criteria, but I am really looking forward to it.

The Challenge: Choose one book from each of the following categories.

1. A book with a color in its title.
Seeing Redd - Frank Beddor

2. A book with an animal in its title.
Spider Man/Black Cat : The Evil that Men Do - Kevin Smith

3. A book with a first name in its title.
The Adventures of Huckleberry Fin - Mark Twain

4. A book with a place in its title.
Salam Falls - Jodi Picoult

5. A book with a weather event in its title.
Storm Front - Jim Butcher

6. A book with a plant in its title.
The Onion Girl - Charles de Lint

5 comments:

Chris said...

The Onion Girl! I didn't even think of that one...I have it sitting on my shelf. Maybe I'll make that one a bonus read for the plant category. I'd also like to read Bradbury's Dandelion Wine for that category. As of now I'm reading Neil Gaiman's graphic novel, Black Orchid for that one. I'm reading Storm Front for the weather event too. This is a cool challenge!

Rhinoa said...

Yeah I am looking forward to it starting. Took me a while to find a plant and I am always up for more Charles de Lint so it worked out well. I can't wait to read Storm Front, I just watched the dvd of the first series and it's wonderful!

Melody said...

I'm going to participate in this challenge as well... but first I need to find the books for each category, hehe.

Nymeth said...

yay, I'm glad you're participating too. That's quite a nice list - I read Huckleberry Finn when I was younger and I loved it. I wonder what I'd think of it now. Unlike Tom Sawyer, I didn't re-read it over the years. The Kevin Smith book also sounds great, as does The Onion Girl.

Stephanie said...

I keep seeing this one on everyone's blog. So far, I've been good, but I'm sure that won't last!!

Great list!! I love de Lint, but I haven't read that one!! You KNOW what I think about Storm Front. Excellent Choice!! And I'm a big fan of Picoult too!!