Friday, November 02, 2007

RIP II Challenge Completed

This challenge finished on 31st October. Carl had propsed a series of different perils and I chose Peril the First: Read Four books of any length, from any subgenre of scary stories that you choose. I ended up reading five in the end and as I was moving and going on holiday this time I didn't pick my books beforehand.

1) The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe - Edgar Allan Poe
2) Dracula - Bram Stoker
3) Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
4) Blood Bound - Patricia Briggs
5) Waifs and Strays - Charles de Lint (collection of short stories)

I pinched the questions below from Nymeth who stole them from Tanabata:

Best book I read for the challenge?
I enjoyed them all but probably Waifs and Strays by Charles de Lint the most. It inspired me to read more short stories as well as more by the author.

Book I could've done without?
None, they were all great and I am happy I finally got around to reading Dracula.

Any new authors?
Bram Stoker, Stephenie Meyer and Edgar Allen Poe were all new to me. The others I have only read one book by each before.

Will I read them again?
Charles de Lint, Stephenie Meyer and Patricia Briggs for definite. I read all of Poes tales so there isn't anything new to read by him! Possibly Bram Stoker.

Best thing about the challenge?
Reading everyone elses reviews and finding some new recommendations.

3 comments:

Alice Teh said...

CONGRATS on the completion of the challenge. All the titles sound exciting. I wished I had participated...

I have Dracula in my TBR pile and I've read Stephenie Meyer's work. Will be starting on Eclipse soon. Maybe after NaNoWriMo. :)

Happy weekend!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on finishing!! I loved this challenge. Probably my favorite so far!!

Melody said...

Congrats on completing the challenge, Rhinoa! I enjoyed this challenge... and like you, I have enjoyed reading everyone's reviews.