Thursday, November 15, 2007

Booking Through Thursday


Preservatives

Today’s question comes from Conspiracy-Girl: I’m still relatively new to this meme so I’m not sure if this has been asked yet, but I’m curious how many of us write notes in our books. Are you a Footprint Leaver or a Preservationist?

I am definitely a preservationist. I never write in my books much like I never fold down the corners. The only times I have done it is when I was back in school and we were studying passages in english and then it was always in pencil. I just don't like the idea of writing in books so I usually carry a small notebook on me which I can write quotes down in or make a note of passages to come back to. It does the job while still preserving the book for me to come back to or to lend to others.

The cat above is Morgaine being a tight rope walker. We recently got a wooden four poster bed (we use it to dry our laundrey!) and she manages to get on top of the rail and walk around it. Mental cat!

11 comments:

DeN said...

As always Morgaine looks gorgeous ^_^

I hate writing in books but it's okay for me to write in textbooks. Now that I think about it, the messier the textbook looks, the better I like the subject.

But pens have got to stay away from my paperbacks :D

Happy BTT!

gautami tripathy said...

I agree with Den. I scribble in textbooks. The ones I teach from, that is.

My novels have to be unblimished!

heather said...

Awww, what a cute cat!

Alice Teh said...

OK, after going through a few entries, I am convinced I'm a looney case. I write all over my books!! My thoughts are everywhere on the pages... I dog-ear my favourite novels so that I can at one glance, go back to the pages that make me tear, move me, tickle me, etc. I need to go to rehab...

Marianne Arkins said...

Cats crack me up!! LOL...

I write in my non-fiction or textbooks... notes to help me remember pertinent information. But fiction?? NO. Never.

Happy BTT!

Literary Feline said...

I carry a notebook with me too for note taking while I'm reading. If I don't have the space, I try and have back up page markers or post its handy. I prefer not to write in my books, but sometimes I get desperate and so I'll do so--but always in pencil!

Nymeth said...

I'm a preservationist as well. Even with textbooks - if I have to underline passages or write things down I'd rather photocopy the relevant pages than write on the book. It's funny, I was a footprint leaver when I was younger, and these days I get annoyed at my past self when I open an old book and find bits that are underlined.

DM said...

I love the picture of your cat. It's great you were fast to get the camera. I had a siamese once who managed to get on the top of an open door and then got stuck! It's amazing where they'll go.

Melody said...

I scribbled on my school textbooks, and I didn't think of writing those notes on notebooks! What a great idea! But alas, those were the days... ;)

pussreboots said...

I'm not as much of a preservationist as I used to be. Happy BTT.

Jean Pierre said...

don't you just love it when cats do that!? we've recently got a flatscreen tv and even though the cats can clearly see its not the old trusty box that they were used to lying on top of, they still insist on jumping on top of our flatscreen and then look all shocked and surprised when they can't sit on it!

needless to say, the also always nearly break the thing (or themselves) in the process and then look at us like it was our fault!

writing in books. in principle i don't mind, and have made some notes sometimes but then sometimes i feel precious about the book and don't. so i can certainly understand why you don't.

i don't know - it depends upon the moment. it also doesn't help that i don't like reading my notations retrospectively - i think they sound stupid!