Monday, October 29, 2007

Young Adult Challenge


So it's time to sign up for another reading challenge for next year! This one is hosted by Joy at Thought's of Joy It is running throughout 2008 and the aim is to read 12 Young Adult books. As I read lots of them anyway it should be really fun. I have snuck in a couple of children's books which I hope is ok. My list is below:

1. The Goose Girl - Shannon Hale
2. The Looking-Glass Wars - Frank Beddor
3. Coraline - Neil Gaiman
4. New Moon - Stephenie Meyer
5. Gathering Blue - Lois Lowry
6. The Wee Free Men - Terry Pratchett
7. The Amulet of Samarkand - Jonathan Stroud
8. Goddess of the Night - Lynne Ewing
9. A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle
10. Peter Pan in Scarlet - Geraldine McCaughrean
11. the Worst Witch Saves the Day - Jill Murphy
12. The Black Tattoo - Sam Enthoven

9 comments:

Joy said...

Glad to see you are joining us in the YA Challenge! Great list! :)

Darla D said...

Welcome back! Hope you had a great holiday. I'm looking forward to those pictures!

I loved the Goose Girl (and many of the other wonderful books on your list) - I'll be looking forward to reading your reviews!

Rhinoa said...

Thanks for having my Joy.

Darla I still haven't found the usb cable to connect the camera to the computer since we moved! As soon as I do photos will be up I promise.

Chris said...

Oh God...I guess I should join this one :p I have so many YA books on my TBR bookshelf, this will help get the stacks down!

Nymeth said...

I'll probably end up joining this as well. I love YA books, and there are many on your list I've been meaning to read.

Rhinoa said...

Yes you should both sign up, it should be a nice fun one. I decided to start lots of series with my picks rather than picking 12 in one series to try lots of different things. I am really looking forward to it starting.

Alice Teh said...

Happy reading, Rhinoa!

I've read New Moon and enjoyed it. :D

Dewey said...

I will join this one for sure, since one of my categories in the 888 challenge is Printz award books! Your list looks like a lot of fun.

Stephanie said...

I really need to sit down and come up with a list for this one. I love YA books!!