Tuesday, October 16, 2007

On Saturday last week I met up with Nymeth to go to a book signing with Terry Pratchett. I was waiting out front for her to arrive and noticed Terry Pratchett standing about a metre away from me on the phone. I decided to let him be as he looked busy and I was going to meet him later anyway. We had to wait in line for about 3 hours but met some cool people whilst standing around. I took the photo below on my phone camera when the group standing behind us all sat down to read Making Money (his newest book) together. I really like the photo, it's lovely to see people all reading together.


The photo below shows me and Nymeth waiting in the queue. I am the one with the red hair and glasses. Funnily we were wearing the same coloured tops, I guess we both love purple and Tim Burton style stuff!

I took this of Terry signing books for the person in front of me as I knew I would be too busy chatting while he signed mine. I got him to sign his new book for my husband. As it is to be a christmas gift I asked him to write "Happy Hogswatch"which he did so it will be extra special. I got one signed for me. It was a cool day and then I got to buy a bunch of books afterwards!




5 comments:

soleil said...

i like your red hair. :)

Literary Feline said...

That is so wonderful that you got to go, Rhinoa! And to meet Nymeth and Terry! What a great treat. :-)

Off the subject - I think it was the Edinburgh International Book Festival my friend attended. Do you have friends in Scotland? If so, maybe you can plan to visit them next August.

Nymeth said...

I do love purple and Tim Burton style stuff :P

I love that picture of everyone reading. They were such a nice and enthusiastic group of fans.

Alice Teh said...

I love the pic of everyone reading too. Very nice!

Clare said...

Wow, lucky you getting to meet Terry P, you both look great I love Purple!