Thursday, September 06, 2007

Sci-Fi Convention


Look me and Dominic Monaghan!!! How cool is that! It's a photo of a professional photo taken of us at a Sci-Fi Convention in London that i went to on Saturday before going away. it was so cool and looking at the other photos he smiled the most on mine :) He is the best hobbit ever and I got his autograph too. More photos follow.


Dom just after he signed a photo of him and Pippin from LOTR which I got Billy Boyd to sign a couple of years ago.

Mr Tom Baker, a legend on British TV. He was arguably the best Dr Who and is very eccentric. He is from Liverpool (my home town) and I learnt he has 4 cats so he must be cool! I got him to sign a photo to me and my husband and my uncle is very jealous.

The guy on the left of the photo in the silly hat is fantasy writer Robert Rankin. I got him to sign my notebook yay.

This is Toyah Willcox who was in the British cult classic film Quadrophenia. She is a singer, actress and TV personality with a great laugh. She randomly did some of the voices in Teletubbies!

Me and a very cool Captain Jack Sparrow impressionist. He had a great costume and had the mannerisms completely down too.


A random wandering around dressed as Darth Vadar.


I met loads of others and got much better photos on my digital camera. I can't find the lead at the moment but when I do (probably after I we move later this month) I will put them all online. Others I met were: Colin Creevy, Dudley Dursley, Seamus from Harry Potter; the guy who was Yoda, the Oompa Lumpa and Elijah Woods smaller double in LOTR, some others from Dr Who and Torchwood (minor characters); Billy West who did the voices in Futurarma, Ren and Stimpy and Loony Tunes; the guys who do the Transformers comic and who wrote the script for the film and many more! It was great and I am sad that I will miss the one in Milton Keynes mnext month as I will be in Egypt on holiday bah.





10 comments:

DesLily said...

I love conventions! Wish I could afford to attend many more than I do!.. so much fun meeting the celebrities and even more fun meeting so many people!

Sure wish Dom would do more conventions in the states (east coast would be REAL NICE!) His is one autograph I don't have in the LOTR books..grrrrrrr I'm envious!

Zeek said...

WHOA! I'm probably more excited about Tom Baker than Dominic!! Although I would have loved meeting him too!

I have as yet to get to a convention but someday I will do it, make no mistake about that one!

Alice Teh said...

Looks like FUN, FUN, FUN!

Kailana said...

Everytime I am supposed to go to a convention, something comes up, but it looks like you had a great time!

heather said...

Nice collection of photos!

And wow has Tom Baker aged...

Stephanie said...

Oh....HOW FUN!! I'm a huge Lost fan, so the Dominic Monaghan is really cool!! I have never been to a convention before. One of these days, I'd LOVE to go!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Nymeth said...

How cool! It looks like you had a great time. Dominic Monaghan seems like such a cool guy. I think it's so cool that he narrated Ringers, the documentary on LoTR fandom (I haven't watched it yet but the trailer seems awesome).

It's too bad you're missing the next convention, but a holiday in Egypt is not bah :P

Melody said...

Sounds fun! Glad you had a great time with them. :)

Margo. said...

You lucky thing!!!! :)

ames said...

he is the best hobbit ever

LMAO!! Love all the pictures. :P