Sunday, September 30, 2007

Incubus - Gig


Just got in from seeing Incubus in the Brixton Academy London. The support band were called Puggy (rubbish name I know) and were a great start to the evening. They were like a cross between Maroon 5 and Muse but with a Spanish feel to the guitar. I definately recommend checking them out (I know I am off to look them up on MySpace). They have a headlining gig in the same venue in a couple of weeks and I would definately go and see them again.

When Incubus were due to come on I was deperate for a wee, but managed to make myself keep it in so I didn't miss a single note! They were amazing and played a lot of older stuff from my favourite of their albums Morning View. I can definately see why all the girls have a crush on Brandon Boyd, is isn't so hot in pictures but on stage he is very sexy and definately has a lot of charisma. He has an amazing voice and the band members are all fantastic musicians. I would definately go and see them again and recommend them to anyone as they have such a diverse set of musical influences. The only down side was they didn't play A Certain Shade of Green which is a classic.

3 comments:

Asara said...

Sounds like an awesome time! I haven't been to a concert in ages. The last one I remember well was the Milennium Metallica concert, New Year's of 2000.

You have some impressive lists here of things to do and read!

I have to say, the only Final Fantasy game I made it all the way through was 7, I tried 8 but just couldn't get into it the same way. I also have XII (the one with the 3 girls), but it's more complicated than I expected, so I didn't get too much done there either. Good luck!!

Eva said...

A cross between Maroon 5 and Muse?! I'll forgive them the bad name for that.

Jean Pierre said...

i must say, i rather like old incubus, but have never bought an album or anyhing. isn't the brixton academy amazing! its quite big still feel really intimate! i really like it!