Wednesday, August 15, 2007


Rating : 4.5/5
Number in Series : #4 in Balefire series
Reason for Reading : To complete the series

This is sadly the final book in the Balefire series. Both twins (Clio and Thais) are now both experimenting with dark magic. Thais is working with Carmella, learning how to strip another witch of their powers without killing them. Clio is working with Daedalus who is teaching her to become immune to others taking her power and how to use and manipulate the power of others.

Things between Richard and Clio heat up further and sadly things between Thias and non-witch Kevin hit a large snag. This leaves both twins with further decisions playing on their minds. The relationships within the rest of the Treize unfold further and there are lots of twists and unexpected turns that weave around the main plot and story. The return of Melita, the dark witch who started the whole mess, brings everything to a head for a final confrontation.

I am so sad this series has finished, it felt like there was so much more to tell. I really enjoyed it, it was my favourite of the four. Some great unexpected events unfold that I didn't see coming. I was glad that no cats were harmed during the writing of this book as I had to hold my breath a couple of times... I was really flad that the rest of the members of the Treize seemed to have as much writing time as the twins as the story is as much about them in the end. Go and read this series!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I actually haven't heard of this series. But you sure make it sound good. May have to see if I can find this one!

Nymeth said...

It's good when the last book in a series turns out to be the best, even if it makes saying goodbye even harder. I've added the series to my wishlist.

Rhinoa said...

Stephanie - I hadn't heard of it either, I found it looking around on fantasticfiction.com (my new favourite site).

Nymeth - I know, it leaves you on a high note. Let me know what you think of them if you do get around to buying them.