Friday, August 10, 2007

Liverpool Trip Photos

Me and my husband went away last weekend to Liverpool to see my family and a couple of my friends. I took a bunch of photos on my camera phone (see my mobile blog link on the right near the top of my blog for all the photos) and here are some of my favourites.

This is Alex in St Luke's church in Liverpool. It was bombed during the Blitz in WWII and was bought by the city to remain as a war memorial. It has been closed for years and has randomly been reopened with artwork inside. I was really excited to finally get inside and as you can see the walls are mostly fine but the roof is completely gone:


St Luke's again showing the tower:

Part of the bottom part of the church:

The Runcorn Bridge, my very favourite bridge, as we drove under it to Chester for the day:



Me in Roman gear in a museum in Chester, yes I couldn't see a thing!


The beautiful streest of Chester. It has a lot of Roman, Saxon and Medieval remains:


A Roman garden in Chester:

10 comments:

Chris said...

These pictures are amazing!! I need to take a European tour one of these days and come meet all of my European blogger friends for tours :) So many beautiful places over on your side of the globe.

Rhinoa said...

Thanks Chris, I will happily show you around London if you make it over. I am always amazed at the quality of photos my phone is able to take!

Melody said...

Hey Rhinoa! Great shots! I'm amazed that your mobile is able to take the pics so clearly like these. It's about time I change mine, hmm.... LOL.

Thanks for sharing.

DesLily said...

your photos are gorgeous!!..

but I'm glad you didn't have to protect me wearing that Roman gear!! lol

Daphne said...

The church is beautiful. I really want to visit England someday - so many wonderful places to see.

heather said...

Your photos are absolutely beautiful!

Amy said...

Wow...gorgeous photos. Your phone takes amazing pictures.

Count me among those who would love a European vacation. :)

Alice Teh said...

Hello Rhinoa! Love these pics! Your mobile phone takes wonderful photos. What model do you use? Mine's a Sony Ericsson K800i. Lots of the photos on my blog were taken by it.

BTW, my fav photo is the one you in Roman gear. LOL. Very nice!

Happy weekend!

Nymeth said...

Great pictures! I love the one of you in Roman gear :D

Rhinoa said...

Thanks everyone. It's so much fun being able to send photos straight from my phone to the internet. Alice it's a sony ericsson phone but I am not sure of the model. It's bright pink and flips open (it was only availble on the 3 network in the UK).