Monday, August 27, 2007

This challenge is being held over at Stainless Steel Droppings and stands for Readers in Peril. There are different Perils you can choose from, for full details see the site. There is also a linked site for all the reviews of people entering the challenge which is a really good idea. It runs from September 1st until October 31st to cover Halloween which is a really good idea.

I am going to go about this challenge in a different way from usual. There are lots of books I want to read for it, but I am moving house *hopefully* in September and then going away in October. I have no idea how much time I will have to read during this time, so instead of putting up a list of books to read I am just going to see what I get through instead. I will put up reviews as usual and link them to the RIP II site and then add the books and authors in the sidebar under the challenge header. I hope that makes sense and it is ok to do it like this.

I wasn't going to do this challenge as I have lots on already this year, but I am reading two book that have been turned into films anway so I thought why not. It is hosted over at SMS Book Reviews between September 1st and December 1st and my chosen books are:

1) Bridge to Terabithia - Katherine Paterson
2) Chocolat - Joanne Harris
3) Dracula - Bram Stoker

Also I had a surprise win over at librarything.com. There was a competition linked to putting up a review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows which I wasn't aware of. As I put up a review I was put into a draw and won a lifetime membership and CueCat scanner that plugs into the usb and you can add books to librarything by simply scanning the barcode with it. How cool is that?!

9 comments:

a.book.in.the.life said...

well done on your win!

tanabata said...

Congrats on your win! And good luck with your move. I know it always plays havoc with my reading when we move.

Trish said...

I just finished Road to Terabithia--hopefully will get the review up later today. Definitely NOT what I expected, but it didn't take more than a day to read, which was really nice!!

Good luck with the challenges. I may have to cave and join RIP. That picture is just too cute.

Alice Teh said...

CONGRATS!!! So happy for your win. That's going to be very convenient for you when you catalogue your book on LibraryThing! :D

Good luck in your reading challenge too. :D

Chris said...

Congrats on your win! I love LibraryThing! I have a CueCat scanner and I love it :) I'm sure you will too, it's quite fun ;)

Melody said...

That's so cool, Rhinoa! Congratulations!

ames said...

Congrats on the win! That's uber cool. :P

Callista said...

Thanks for participating in the Book to Movie Challenge and congrats on your win.

Rhinoa said...

Thanks everyone!

Callista I am looking forward to it :)