Thursday, August 16, 2007

Booking Through Thursday


I have decided that Booking Through Thursday will now be sponsored by my cats. This week is Morgaine hiding in a paper bag looking very cute.

Monogamy

One book at a time? Or more than one? If more, are they different types/genres? Or similar?
(We’re talking recreational reading, here—books for work or school don’t really count since they’re not optional.)

I am usually reading two possibly three books at any one time. I try to mix the genres so I don't get confused between the characters. At the moment I am reading Don Quixote on trains and in the evenings and one story and a couple of poems a day by Edgar Allen Poe. I might start a magical based book as well. Sometimes I even pick up an extra one, usually something short like a kids book or a graphic novel. This is especially useful if I feel like I haven't completed a book in ages because I am reading something really long.

10 comments:

Daphne said...

Very cute picture! Our cat (before he ran away) always loved to get inside of bags. I never understood why cats find that so fascinating.

heather said...

Oh goodness! Forget the meme---what an awesome cat! (Umm, don't tell ours I said that. ;)

Stephanie said...

CUTE kitty!! (I'm not much of a cat person, since my St. Bernard would probably snack on any that I would get!)

I'm with you. I generally have more than one book going (at the moment, I have 5 which is a tad too many, I think). But I can't mix genres, that's for sure!

Happy Thursday!

Cee Cee said...

Yea, don't tell mine either! HaHa! I think your cat stole the show!

I read a couple of books at a time as well.

soleil said...

morgaine looks so cute! my cat does that too. although she really likes the plastic ones. anything plastic and she goes crazy. cats can be so weird sometimes but that's part of what makes being a cat owner so fun.
:)

Nymeth said...

Love the picture!

I'm normally a one book at a time girl, unless I am reading something I know will take its time (like The Odyssey). Like you, I don't like to feel like I haven't completed a book in a long time.

Melody said...

Love the pic!

I do read two books at the same time, but that's the most I can get to it, hehe. And yeah, I will read different genres so they won't get mixed up!

Happy reading!

Literary Feline said...

I'm usually a one book at a time sort of gal, but sometimes I'll read two at a time. If I were reading the books you were reading, I'd probably read two or three at a time too. :-)

Alice Teh said...

BRILLIANT cat you have, Rhinoa. He totally bowled me over with that killer kitty stare.

I like your reading strategy. Great stuff!

Have a good weekend!

Crafty Green Poet said...

your reading sounds very similar to mine! The cat photo is so cute, wonderful.