Wednesday, August 01, 2007

2nds Challenge

OK so I wasn't going to attempt any more challenges this year, but this one is only three books so I thought why not?! It is being hosted by Joy over at Thoughts of Joy. I have given this some thought and I have picked:

1) A Prayer for Owen Meany - John Irving
I loved The World According to Garp and have been meaning to read some more of his work for a while now.

2) Alice Through the Looking Glass - Lewis Carol
I read Alice in Wonderland a couple of years ago and meant to read this, but somehow didn't get around to it. It will be fun to read this and see how the story ends and compare it to the cartoon film I saw as a child.

3) Blood Bound - Patricia Briggs
I read the first book Moon Called for the Once Upon a Time challenge earlier this year. I liked the way the series started and am looking forward to reading the second book in the series.

Alternatives:

1) Anything by Charles de Lint. I read The Blue Girl again for the Once Upon a Time challenge and really enjoyed it. I have about 3 more of his books on my book shelf and I haven't decided which one to read next.

2) A Spot of Bother - Mark Haddon
I adored The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and am really looking forward to reading his new novel. It is on the bestseller list in the UK at the moment which is interesting as I don't usually read bestsellers.

3) Fables 2: Animal Farm - Bill Willingham
The first graphic novel was great and I am trying to get a copy of book 2 to continue the story. I hope it gets here soon as I am itching to get stuck in to it!

5 comments:

Nymeth said...

You mean Lewis Carol :P "Through the Looking Class" is great. If you liked Alice you will most likely like it too. And Animal Farm is also great. That reminds me, I need to buy Fables 3.

Chris said...

Couldn't resist another challenge, eh? ;) I couldn't either!

Rhinoa said...

Damnit thanks Nymeth, I wrote it in a bit of a haze apparently, will change it now doh! I have Fables 3 but I don't want to read it before book 2.

Yes Chris another one... What are we both like...

Joy said...

Glad you're joining us Rhinoa! I'm interested in your thoughts on A Prayer of Owen Meany. I haven't read it, but I'm curious.

Literary Feline said...

I am planning on participating in this one too. :-) I just need to get around to posting my list.