Thursday, July 05, 2007

Tori Amos - Gig


On Tuesday night I went to see the wonderful and quirky Tori Amos live at the Hammersmith Apollo. I took my sister as it's her birthday on the 10th as well as her boyfriend and my husband. It was my fourth time seeing her and she gets better and better. She came out dressed as Sante (a platinum blond rock chick) for the first half and then became Tori with very orange hair and gold sparkly jump suit creation!

She played for over 2 hours with both her band and by herself doing some of her quieter numbers. I can't remember the full setlist, but here is what I do remember her playing:
Black Dove (January) - she forgot the words and it became "I just had a brain fart" hehe
Bliss
Tear in your hand - a delight for Neil Gaiman fans
Bouncing off Clouds
China
Hey Jupiter
Cornflake Girl
Professional Widow
Crucify
God
Yes, Anastasia
Precious Things
Plus a lot from her new album which I am still figuring my way around.

If she plays near you I definately advise you to go! She has such an interesting playing style she is worth seeing for that alone. It's funny, me and my sister always love her work, but she will love one half of an album and I will love the opposite half. My sister was lucky when we saw her that she played most of her favourites and sadly hardly any of mine. Seeing as it was her birthday present I am glad for her (although I still wish she had played Love Song ort Hotel). My only critisicm is that she really needs to eat a little more, she looks to be wasting away a little.

7 comments:

Margo. said...

Good to hear you all had a great time Katie. That's a lovely birthday present for your sis.

Dark Orpheus said...

Wow. I envy you. So far Tori Amos has never toured this side of the globe. I will definitely be there if she does though.

Nice to hear you had fun though.

Chris said...

What an amazing set list! Tear in your Hand is my favorite :) I love Hotel too. I'm so glad you got to see her again, sounds like a great night. I hope I get to see her on this tour.

Stephanie said...

I would so love to see Tori Amos! As many concerts as I have seen in my lifetime, she is not one of them. Glad you guys had fun!

soleil said...

i love tori! i have seen her twice. a few years ago she played the day before my birthday and my best friend took me as a surprise.

Nymeth said...

*dies of jealousy*

I SO need to see her. And the setlist sounds great!

I haven't seen recent pictures of her, but the one you posted is stunning. I think she's one of the most beautiful women in the world.

Rhinoa said...

Thanks everyone, we all had a great time. Next time she tours I think I will try and go and see her both nights she plays in London if I can afford it. She is stunning and for recent photos check out her website here which has her different characters from her latest album.