Thursday, July 19, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

Just Wild About Harry

Booking Through Thursday

Okay, love him or loathe him, you’d have to live under a rock not to know that J.K. Rowling’s final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, comes out on Saturday… Are you going to read it?
If so, right away? Or just, you know, eventually, when you get around to it? Are you attending any of the midnight parties?
If you’re not going to read it, why not?
And, for the record… what do you think? Will Harry survive the series? What are you most looking forward to?


Hell yes I am going to read it! I have paid for my copy from a local bookshop and will be going to the midnight opening to pick it up tomorrow night. I then plan on shutting myself in my flat and not leaving, going online or answering my phone until I have finished it. Hopefully I won't have to take time off work as holiday the following week and I can finish it over the weekend (I think it's about 600/700 pages so should be ok). I have been waiting to see how the series finishes and I just don't want anyone to give the end away and spoil it for me hence the paranoid behaviour!


Well I do think that Harry shouldn't survive the series. There is such a strong link between him and Voldermort that it is hard to imagine one surviving without the other. If Harry doesn't die then I think either Ron or Hermione will. It's hard to say what I am looking forward to the most, just the general completion of the series really. To see who pairs up with who, how they try to defeat Voldemort, how Snape will redeem himself (possibly dying to save Harry?), what happens to Draco etc. My favourite characters are possibly the Weasley twins and I am hoping they will have a part in the final novel.

13 comments:

Melody said...

Hi Rhinoa, I totally understand about the paranoid behaviour! LOL.

I think no matter whatever the ending is, the readers should respect the author for keeping it that way (although of course I'd like to see Harry, Ron & Hermione survive the series!).

Yeah, and I like the Weasley twins too... :)

Happy BTT & happy reading!

Julia said...

Rhinoa - I weren't want to be spoiled either. So I hope reader respect that to other reader :)

I never like Snape and think maybe he can redeem himself to save the other good people from dying. I surely don't want Harry to die, though. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Stephanie said...

Love the Weasley twins too! I don't know whether I like Snape or not. But I do LOVE him in the MOVIES. Maybe that's why I think he will turn out good in the end.

I think Harry will die too. A sad thing, if it happens, but it's just an opinion!

Alice Teh said...

Strangely, this is the one time I had wanted someone to be the spoiler and tell me what happened to Harry.

Great answer though. Happy BTT!

Nymeth said...

As you know I share your views about Harry dying. But I really hope we turn out to be wrong.

What you're saying about Snape makes a lot of sense!

teabird said...

I love the Weasleys, but not as much as Neville. I have a feeling that Voldemort will attack him this time...
I can not wait!!

Mailyn said...

I also think either Hermione or Ron will die. Damn you Rowling! Damn you! LOL.

Literary Feline said...

I do not want the book to be spoiled for me either. I was just telling my husband tonight that I'm even afraid of posting a review on my blog once I finish the book--not that I would spoil anything, but it still might be more than someone wants to know.

Dewey said...

I hadn't even thought of how horrible it would be if these books came out during the school year. I would have to take a day off work, too, if I didn't finish, because I see hundreds of people who would be full of spoilers! Not that they'd do it on purpose, but they'd all be talking about nothing else that whole first week after the weekend.

I will post on my blog, but I'll probably put SPOILERS in the title and then try to refrain from spoilers nevertheless. But sometimes, something you think isn't a spoiler at all is, as literary feline says. I saw some people avoiding discussions of comparisons to book 5 and movie 5 because they hadn't read the book yet.

Zeek said...

"I then plan on shutting myself in my flat and not leaving, going online or answering my phone until I have finished it."

DITTO!!! Mine's coming from Amazon on Saturday ... morning hopefully!!

I honestly havent though much about who's gonna die because it is after all anyone's guess but Rowlings. I'll let you know what I think about who she picked to die after I read it!

Happy Harry Reading Everyone!!

Zeek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zeek said...

oops double posted

Cee Cee said...

I hope everyone has a fun reading weekend. I'm sorry to be so late in the game. I'll be back here to see what you thought.