Thursday, June 21, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

School days, Golden Rule days….

Since school is out for the summer (in most places, at least), here’s a school-themed question for the week:
Do you have any old school books? Did you keep yours from college? Old textbooks from garage sales? Old workbooks from classes gone by?
How about your old notes, exams, papers? Do you save them? Or have they long since gone to the great Locker-in-the-sky?

I have a couple of books left over. I have a couple of Greek Tales from senior school and a psychology book from sixth form college. From uni I have a couple of biochemistry text books that I have kept hold of and still flick through from time to time.

I did keep all of my university notes, but they disappeared when my car got stolen a few years ago sadly. I still miss them as I would have liked to have kept reading them and used them in the future, but that's life. I still have my final year project and my write-up from my year out working in a laboratory on the computer, as well as old essays etc so not everything is gone forever. I still have two folders worth of psychology notes in my mum's house in Liverpool which I still sometimes look through as well.

I find it hard to throw things away, you never know when it will be useful some day...

7 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

The question is, of course... do you ever find a use for them?

Mine's up here.

Alice Teh said...

I share the same sentiment too, Rhinoa. I find it hard to throw things, so normally I let others like my mom decide it for me. Usually I don't miss them. So Marianne's right: Do you ever find a use for them?...

Happy BTT!

Trish said...

Well, at least you look through yours occassionally. Other than the books I've kept, I don't think I've gone back for any notes. I have revisited some papers I've written--but not for very long!

Here’s my answer

Barbara H. said...

That's too bad about the things that were stolen with the car. I find it hard to throw things away, too.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Julia said...

Me too, I find it hard to throw away things that I felt should be kept since I work so hard on it. But eventually some of the things needed to be thrown, as mom said. So when she does, I don't miss it. I still kept my notes and poems that I did in highschool that I got good grade on, thought. To bring memories the kind of person I was/am.

Thanks for visiting my blog, Happy BTT!

Julia-Yen

Cee Cee said...

I can't seem to part with them. I grew up looking at my father's old textbooks, so I think it is normal to keep them.

I'm sorry about your papers being stolen. As for me, I don't know why I'm keeping my papers. Maybe I'll go back to earn my Master's.

Melody said...

I too find it hard to throw things away, but sometimes I've no choice because they can take up lots of space. *sigh* And of course, books from elementary and HS have to go...