Thursday, June 14, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

Dessert first

Booking Through Thursday

Do you cheat and peek ahead at the end of your books? Or do you resolutely read in sequence, as the author intended?
And, if you don’t peek, do you ever feel tempted?

I have to admit to sometimes peeking ahead to the last page to see how it ends. I know I know, it spoils the story a little. I don't often do it and it still doesn't detract from the story as you still need to read for the detail of how you get from the point you are at to the ending. You can also cheat and peek ahead when reading a series. For example I am currently reading the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K Hamilton and I have read the dust jackets to a couple of the books further ahead in the series which have annoyingly given a lot of the future plots away. This wasn't really cheating as I just wanted to know the topics they covered and types of supernatural creatures involved. It was only by accident that I found out some more about Anita's personal life.

8 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I still don't think peeking ahead spoils the story... But I think I'm in the minority.

Oh well :-)

Thanks for swinging by my place earlier!

Stephanie said...

Nope. Not me. Never peek!

Cee Cee said...

I've peeked and it's not cheating. Wow you participate in some interesting reading challenges.

Kristy said...

Finally another peeker! Happy BTT!

Melody said...

Hi Rhinoa, I've to agree with you when it comes to series books. :D But generally, I just can't do it . LOL.

Alice Teh said...

Hi Rhinoa, I'm no peeker but sometimes when I randomly flip the pages, things do catch my attention and gave the plot away (slightly)... I can't help flippin'... LOL. Happy weekend!

Literary Feline said...

I fall into the no peeking category. I may look ahead to see a page number, but I wouldn't dare read ahead. Haha

Clare said...

I do peek, just can't help it!