Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Randomness!


randomness...feed your mind and your blog : Week of May6 - At the Movies

Answer each of my nosy questions as truthfully as possible please.

1. Do you like going to the movie threater? How often do you go? What treats do you buy when you go?

I love going to the cinema and go at least 3 times a month. I have a cinema pass from a chain of cinemas that means I pay a set amount each month and I can go to any cinema in that chain anywhere in the country as often as I like. It works out really well and at the moment I am seeing between 5-8 films a month. I don't buy treats at the cinema, I am not a fan of popcorn or fizzy drinks so I usually sneak in a packet of polos, a bottle of water and maybe a chocolate bar. I go by myself as my husband doesn't work in central London so would have to pay for a travel card as well as a cinema ticket.

2. Cell phones in the theater, do you keep yours on or off?

I keep mine on silent usually. I don't wear a watch so I use it to keep track of the time which is useful if you are like me and see more than one film per visit.

3. What's the last movie you went to see in the theater?

I think the last visit was to see Away From Her, Curse of the Golden Flower and Sunshine. I will hopefully go this week sometime.

4. Have you ever waited on line for an obscene amount of time (several hours) just to get tickets to a movie? Also, have you ever dressed up as a film character.....i.e. a hobbit, a witch or wizard...while watching a movie?

No I honestly haven't done either. My friend went dressed as a hobbit to see Lord of the Rings when she was living in Hawaii. I would gladly have joined her, but sadly I was stuck in London still.

5. What do you like most and least about going to the movies?

I love seeing films on the big screen with the amazing sound system. You can really feel like you are a part of the film and get caught up in the experience. Some films can only truely be appreciated on the grand scale at the cinema. I don't like people who leave their phones turned on, talk loudly during the film and sometimes the rows od seats are too close together. I like to sprawl and I get a sore knee if I am too cramped so I take up at least two seats usually!

6. What's the worst movie you've ever seen? Why?

Van Helsing - luckily it was on DVD and not at the cinema. The plot was aweful, the acting unbelievable for the most part and it was generally aweful. I have only ever walked out of one film in the cinema. The staff had given us the wrong ticket and we tried to get into the wrong film (Date Movie), but it was terrible so we walked out and got our money back...

till next time...

2 comments:

Zeek said...

1. Do you like going to the movie threater? How often do you go? What treats do you buy when you go?

Love going to the theater though I don't get there as often as I'd like- really depends on what's out. If there's a bunch of must sees out at once I go a couple times a month. I buy popcorn with lots of greasy butter and a soda.

2. Cell phones in the theater, do you keep yours on or off?

Off or on silent running

3. What's the last movie you went to see in the theater?

300!

4. Have you ever waited on line for an obscene amount of time (several hours) just to get tickets to a movie? Also, have you ever dressed up as a film character.....i.e. a hobbit, a witch or wizard...while watching a movie?

Never have waited yet- though I've bought tickets early and came back. Haven't dressed up but I *almost* went as leia when Star Wars 3 came out! hee

5. What do you like most and least about going to the movies?

The huge screen and mega sound system!

What's the worst movie you've ever seen? Why?

I can't think of any theater movies I've seen that I thought were "the worst"- but I can remember being disappointed in a few.

I do remember being upset about the movie "7" with brad pitt and kevin spacey- just too dark for me. Almost walked out on that one.

Stephanie said...

Great answers! And yes, I did see Van Helsing in the theater. Can't stand Kate Beckinsale, but I went anyway. Yeah...it was pretty bad!