Friday, May 11, 2007

Ouch!


Today has been a pain in the foot! I was flying round the flat this morning and scared the cat. We both tried to go through the same door at the same time. I tried to not step on her (which I did anyway) and banged two of my toes really badly. This caused the door to close and my momentum carried me forward into banging the same two toes again. One was just stubbed but the other has been really sore all day (if you saw someone limping around Camden it was me!) and when I was able to take my shoe and sock off to take a look it is swollen and very badly bruised. Coupled with the fact I can't move it I have either fractured it or broken it. I am off to get some ice and then will make a splint for it later.

Luckily my lovely husband bought me the beautiful pink roses below in a gesture to say "Happy Thursday" which I am able to look at from my sulking position on the sofa...

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ouch!! Man...that looks like it hurt!

Last year, I was carrying in the groceries, and I turned my ankle. I jumped up (so no one passing by would see me on the ground!) and finished carrying them in. Put everything away, changed clothes, started dinner. I finally sat down for about 10 mintutes. I couldn't even get back on my feet. My ankle was swollen to the size of a softball! Awful! I hope you feel better soon and it isn't broken!

Jane said...

I jammed my toe against a chair leg about a month ago and it's only now beginning to feel semi-normal. Hope yours heals faster!

Marg said...

Ouch indeed! I broke my little toe one time by walking into the door frame!

Alice Teh said...

I hope you're feeling better now...

Rhinoa said...

Thanks, I feel really stupid for having done this! It's still very sore and more purple than it was yesterday so going to rest up for the rest of the weekend. I was supposed to go to a craft fair with my friend tomorrow but think I will have to cancel as I don't want to spend the day walking on it. Pretty sure it is broken so yeah, I am sulking a bit!